Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teaching opps. in Arequipa?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kennyh83

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Teaching opps. in Arequipa? Reply with quote

Hi there

I'm to be arriving in Peru on the 26th of Jan. Although provisionally I'm looking into tefl opportunitues around Lima, I'm also open to the possibility of heading elsewhere. For some reason, Arequipa grabs my attention. Does anyone know if there's much work to be had there, or if the city is generally recommendable?

Thanks,

Kenny
nineisone

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vin1127 lived and taught in Arequipa. PM him.

Not much info. on job opps. mostly just on the city itself.

A quick search got this on the 1st page of returns from a poster named Sarah, which you may have already seen.

she wrote:

"Hello. Yes, I am in Arequipa. I just arrived here about 2 weeks ago so I can only tell you my initial impressions, as I still have plenty to see and learn in Arequipa. I have to say that the city is growing on me. The climate is wonderful... warm and dry during the day (all year round i hear), and a bit chilly at night. The buildings are indeed very beautiful... but some of the streets are so full of crowds of people, traffic jams and stores, that it is hard to notice the beauty of the buildings. That being said, there are also quiet streets that are quite pleasant.

In response to what footprint said about taxis... i have not experienced this or heard this from anyone here in Arequipa. but it may be true and i have just not yet had an issue. every taxi driver i have had has been extremely friendly and fair (and very well dressed).

oh, i read someone else�s post about the food here being cheap and great. thats very true. i have eaten so many delicious set menu meals for so cheap. i love the food here. "
kennyh83

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that, I'll try PMing Vin1127.
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prescott is the international school, you could also try ICPNA>
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Peru All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: