Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kosovo (or is it Kosova?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Europe Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
been_there

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 1:27 pm    Post subject: Kosovo (or is it Kosova?) Reply with quote

Hello, just a shout from a UN protectorate (best visa stamp in my collection). Anyone else out there in here?

Its a great place, really. If you are thinking about it, drop me a note.
dreadnought

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you teaching there or keeping the peace (or maybe both?). I was working in the south of Serbia last year, barely a stone's throw from where you are now.
been_there

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 9:33 am    Post subject: No peace for me Reply with quote

I'm teaching at the American University, teacher training at some local centers, trying to set up an English Teachers association, and spending FAR too much time reading histories of the region. How was Serbia?
scot47

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 6:55 pm    Post subject: Pristina Reply with quote

Are they paying you a living wage ?
How is the security situation ?

Is it a local contract ? Housing ? Tickets home ? Medical cover ?
been_there

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2003 10:10 am    Post subject: UNmikistan Reply with quote

Security is fine, mostly because it is 99% Albanian so there is no one for the locals to get mad at. They still dont like the Serbs, youknow. The only place I have ever felt safer was in China; but I like it here better because I dont get the stares.

I'm with the US State Department, so I get a full ride, air, insurance, cash on the barrel, etc.

The place is opening up. I work at the American University, and just happen to know that they are looking for teachers for the English Language Institute they are setting up. It would be adjunct to the University, so small chance of getting screwed over. If you want, send me a PM.

later,
w
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Europe Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: