Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Working in French/Swiss Alps

View previous topic :: View next topic  
whya

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: Working in French/Swiss Alps Reply with quote

Hi

I'm interested in teaching in the French or Swiss Alps next winter and was wondering if anyone knows how easy it is to get a job in this area. I've saved up some money so it wouldn't have to be a full time position. Even if I could just get some regular private lessons it would be ok.

I'll be 24 and have nearly 3 years experience of part time teaching in Germany by next winter. I'm also qualified as a TELC examiner for level B1 and B2 (CEF) and will (hopefully!) have a degree. My French isn't great but it used to be conversational so I'm hoping to take a course and get it back up to a reasonable level.

So how easy/difficult would it be for me to get a job? Does anyone know of any language schools in this area? Any opinions/advice would be great!
wallscreen

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Alpine teaching Reply with quote

In the French Alps the easiest solution would be to go to one of the bigger towns/cities: Grenoble, Annecy, Chamb�ry perhaps Gap where you'll find a handful of language schools. TESOL have set up a branch in Grenoble and have started to organise events - in that city there is also a huge campus with perhaps a few possibilities for teaching "vacataire" (by the hour). Otherwise just look in the yellow pages under "cours de langues" for the d�partements 74, 73, 38, 05, 06. Be aware that a lot of the winter-sport resorts are brimming with English people, and therefore it will be prudent to avoid these (because of the competition, which one can only imagine is quite warm).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> France All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: