Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Come on folks
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ecocks

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Come on folks Reply with quote

I KNOW there are more teachers than this - we need some more new blood.

I met 3 English teachers sitting in a "Two Geese" restaurant today. Need to work ont the country's perception here!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Vairocana

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: There's still a possiblity here! Reply with quote

Hi ecocks,

I decided to start out in Poland. However with Poland enforcing the Schegen Law, and the 45 day residency restriction; it looks like that Ukraine is not totally out of the running.

So here's a the situation: If by chance, my residency card isn't granted by the Polish immigration authorities, then I'll have to leave the country by the 180th day.

So what would be my chances of simply going to a Ukrainian city to find work? Which city would be my best bet? So far Kiev seems to have the most jobs available in this country. But how many employers actually offer pay that is comparable to cost of living?

Thanks
ecocks

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: Read the thread on AEC Reply with quote

In addition to the information on the school, there is an indication of the reality of living conditions. You might also look on the www.expat.ua website for further discussions. I am active there too but there are others who can help you out as well.

Many teachers get this figured out and find a way to live and work here with an acceptable life-style. I currently am running a job posting for Kyiv and Odessa which gives you some info on a "normal" teaching position.

You are right though, negotiate HARD and "straight up" on the visa/work permit issue.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Vairocana

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:51 am    Post subject: Couldn't get in the website Reply with quote

Thanks again ecoks,

I tried to check out that website you mentioned, but when I opened the link I got a blank page. Is that the right address?

Thanks again!
ecocks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:04 am    Post subject: Should be up Reply with quote

maybe it needed the http:// to work as a link. Try just typing it in on your browser:

www.expatua.com

Ed
Vairocana

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Eureka! Reply with quote

Thanks ecoks,

That address worked!
ecocks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: GREAT Reply with quote

It's a good site, not too crowded but some good information there.

Enjoy it!
El

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a good site but they use SMF for the forum, and all it does is time out every time you go to another page. Must be on a very limited box for connections.

Quote:
Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Sick of that every page it does that. Yuk. Please change to VB Smile))
ecocks

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: expatua Reply with quote

That started over the weekend. Not a normal situation for the site, maybe an upgrade or patch was applied that is glitched. Anyway, it's the only expat forum site I have seen for Ukraine. If you find another one, let us know.
El

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, its a great site filled with great info. I hope they can fix this issue.
ecocks

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject: Seems to be working now Reply with quote

It seems okay now.
Tiger Beer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:53 am    Post subject: Re: Should be up Reply with quote

ecocks wrote:
www.expatua.com

Nice link. I'll have to check that out as someone interested in knowing more about the Ukraine.

Now if you could only get some of those posters to post over here once in awhile!
Vairocana

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Still intrested in Historic Ukraine Reply with quote

Even if I'm working in Poland, I still want to visit and a travel throughout Ukraine. I definitely want to see both Kiev and Kharkov. And good thing I'm right next door, once I'm in Poland, at least speaking on a global scale.
ecocks

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Well Reply with quote

come on over and visit when you get a chance!

We'll be happy to have you around.

There is a Sunday brunch/coffee group trying to organize itself a bit more, teachers, students, expats, locals, drop in and lift a cup!

Ed
Plisken

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:41 am    Post subject: i'm as new as new gets... Reply with quote

I recently posted a thread in General Europe ("As General as ... Gets") and you are one of the people I was hoping would drop any hints you could think of. You're one of the more helpful people on here and the Ukraine is my close third choice, but I didn't want to pm you since I just started here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Ukraine All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: