Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Singapore School - Pantai Indah Kapuk - Any opinions?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
p1randal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an aside, PIK is one the best place in Jakarta (in my opinion), lots of restaurants and clean and close to airport. That being said, I haven't any information about the school. Lots of people with an axe to grind here and lots of people looking to make things seem good. Take everything with a grain of salt.
Demigod

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:43 am    Post subject: Re: SIS PIK Reply with quote

bule_boy69 wrote:
I can't find anything on this school since 2008. Does anyone have any recent experience of the PIK branch of SIS?

Thanks

no updates are required

because few things has ever changed

so basically

STAY AWAY
Demigod

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:38 am    Post subject: the good=kitas the bad=everything else Reply with quote

Here is a very old story about Sispik "The Dead Monkey" part 3

I can see myself staring at the clear blue sea and abundant sea life. I can feel the warm sun against my face. Paradise...ah! Paradise. Welcome people to part three of the Dead Monkey. Welcome to another glimpse into what we call “A hybrid hell” We will be landing in Jakarta, Indonesia in twenty minutes, so please return to your seats and buckle up. The long wait in the custom lines didn’t give me a clue that I am still living this nightmare. The smirking monkey running along side the taxicab was another clue. I still did not learn from prior experiences. The Monkey is still alive and well, still smirking, still pointing his bony finger, cursing us all. I did not escape his reach; I did not cure its curse. The monkey is hiding, always hiding always adorning new disguises to torment us all.
The sandy beaches are now replaced with filthy rivers and backed up sewage. The swarms of flies from KSA are now swarms of mosquitoes. The Monkey unleashes squadrons of them, that constant buzz in your ears. The constant biting exposed skin at night is now bringing the monkey great joy. If you wake up quickly, you can see the Dead monkey still smirking as he closes his jar of bugs. I am sweating so much, so I stumble to the bathroom to take a nice shower. Urgghh! The monkey broke the shower. I have only a cold dripping faucet with a dirty blue pail. No means to install a washer and dryer. The monkey is laughing because you are so embarrassed that you have to hire a few female workers to wash your dirty underwear. The monkey is surely a scam artist because you are responsible for a six year old school issued laptop. You think you have dodged a bullet and return the faulty equipment. The monkey only smirks because he charges you 200 dollar for an old worn out laptop bag. The Dead monkey forces you to use one kind of bank and of course the Atm is far away from your home and few stores will accept the card.
The living conditions are subpar. You live on the 25th floor and the slow small elevators are always packed with people. They are six inches from your face. They stare...stare...and stare... The monkey of course hits every button on the way down...every floor brings in more people...more eyes locked on you. You feel violated and raped by the time you get to the first floor. Welcome to paradise, welcome to Indonesia!! The monkey politely whispers in your ear. You accept all the shortcoming and attempt to be social. Oh no, the Monkey has seen this coming. You soon learned that in this English speaking school, you must be fluent in Tagalog to be properly accepted in the staff room. “Sure, we can be friends, but at work please act like we do not know each other” The women say this because they do want to be labeled as promiscuous. So does this means that I sleep around? The Dead Monkey slaps you on the back because the men say the same thing... “Sure we can be friends, but at work, please act like you do not know me” does this mean that I am homosexual? … You see a group of people laughing and enjoying themselves. So you approach them because you want to laugh. They must have seen the monkey on your back. They quickly frown at you, starting talking Tatalog or Mandarin and disperse. The monkey smirks and says... “Welcome to paradise” Please Mr. /Mrs. Head of Department I have only been here a few days. Please glance over my paperwork before I give it to the Vice principal?1. “NO, I do not have time, find someone else”
2. “Didn’t you have training?”
3. Or they just ignore you and continue a prior conversation in Tatalog
The next week you address all of the Heads of Departments/coordinators/management. You remind them about properly informing the new staff about certain deadlines. Fair enough right? No, the Dead Monkey laugh is in prime form. Instead of listening to your plea for help...They all run to the Vice principal. They just tell him that you are so angry and loud. We are all scared of him, please remove him. The Vice principal request your presence in his office. He gives your paperwork back with many mistakes noted. He tells you to ask for help next time and if it continues that it will be a negative mark noted in your assessment. You review the paperwork and his correction to your paperwork are not corrections at all just marking You polite remind the Vice principal that commas always come before the conjunction “but” never after. You also remind him that it is not recommended to use the word “because” to begin a sentence. He face turns red and he begins to write a formal write up. You shake your head in disgust as you see two Filipinos making out in the store..they forgot to lock the door ..The Dead Monkey has play its trump card, licks the back of your neck and whispers. “Welcome to paradise, Welcome to Jakarta, Indonesia, welcome to my hell”
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Indonesia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: