Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jobhunting Times

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Argentina
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kushluk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Jobhunting Times Reply with quote

When is the best time to arrive in BA and search for a job? Is there a regular "season" or is it less cyclical and more of an all year season with different schools starting and stopping? What is the general pay rate for someone with a college degree and a little experience? I'm not looking to be rich mind you, merely pay my expenses. Also, please don't tell me to read other posts; I've reat most of them. I'm less interested in Ancient histories than the present situation with inflation, etc. Thank you.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
afansenil

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:22 am    Post subject: Buenos Aires Reply with quote

When is the best time to arrive in BA and search for a job?

the best time to go TEFL job hunting in BA is around March. December is pretty much over around the 20th, people go to the beach in January, all you hear on the local news is about volleyball tournaments, how hot it is and the hottest girls in bikinis. Capital Federal is practically a ghost town, but an ideal month to take a TEFL course. This gives you February to travel around and get back into town by March where the demand for English teachers fly off the charts.

What is the general pay rate for someone with a college degree and a little experience?
Nowadays, for an institute (teacher pimps in my opinion) its 20 to 25 pesos per hour (while they charge 45). If you get private students, they are usually priced 30 to 40 pesos

RENT: you can get a studio for U$D600 in a decent neighborhood. So do your math before you come here. If you are not a local life is expensive.

Check craigslist (www.craigslist.com) for shared rooms in BA, you will get an idea of what people are charhing for a room.

GoOd LuCk!

N Razz
Mena

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good information here.
sroetem

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:21 am    Post subject: 2nd term Reply with quote

Is it possible to arrive in June and start instruction with an
organization/university during the second term?
My schedule does not permit me to arrive in March.

I have TOEFL cert and experience in other countries teaching.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Argentina All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: