Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sir Alexander Fleming College

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luna Chica

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Sir Alexander Fleming College Reply with quote

Sir Alexander Fleming College in Trujillo will be looking to employ native primary and secondary teachers for contracts starting in February 2009. Applicants should have at least a bachelor�s degree an ESL qualification with relevant experience. Preference will be given to teachers with education related degrees.

We are particularly interested in teachers with Maths, Science and I.T teaching experience. Fleming hires foreign teachers on 2 year contracts and organises all visas. On foreign contracts it may also reimburse you for flights, or a portion of the flight.

Fleming is a very friendly and pleasant place to work. The weather in Trujillo is great and the cost of living is low. PLease bear in mind that this is a position that requires you to teach children and teenagers. It is not a backpacker�s job.

If you have any questions you can PM me or Keepwalking.
keepwalking

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I just add that when you apply, send an up-to-date CV and a covering letter which explains in more detail your relevant experience.

As a guide what age groups have you taught? What size classes? What other interests do you have? Why are you applying for a job in Peru? What do you know about the school already?

Check out the website to answer the last question! What grabs your attention there?
spreadurwings

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:27 am    Post subject: Sir Alexander Fleming College Reply with quote

�Saludos! I hope this finds everyone well. I'm here in Cusco getting my TEFL certification and will be done at the end of this month. I've decided I really want to come to Trujillo to live and work. I'm trying to decide on what to do next, I really want to get to Trujillo and get settled somewhere for a few years.

I'll have my TEFL certificate at the end of the month, I have my B.A. in Modern Languages and Environmental Studies and have a couple years of teaching experience as an art teacher at a museum. I've read great things about Fleming and am looking for a long-term contract somewhere. I'll definitely send my CV to Fleming and other places in the next couple of days.

I know this is kind of the �off season� for trying to find work. What do you think my chances are for finding some work in Trujillo within these off months if I go there in person? Where else might you recommend trying? Or maybe trying to find work here in Cusco for a few months.....ah not sure...a little confused. Not looking for someone to tell me exactly what to do but maybe some suggestions would be much appreciated!

Signed,

At a crossroad
NickImpy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talk to LunaChica or keepwalking.
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not relaly the off season, there's always jobs in instititues. Try dropping by Fleming in person

Lima, ugh, is always an option. Other that that, there's Arequipa, CHiclayo, Piura.

If you're interested in LIma or Piura, let me know

CHeck your PM as well.
Luna Chica

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try El Cultural or CEDUNT
spreadurwings

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!!! Very Happy I'm just trying not to get too stressed out on not knowing what will happen next! I guess that's just part of it!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Peru All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: