Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

what should I do first?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamez

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: what should I do first? Reply with quote

I'm planning to move to Wurzburg in June 2008 since my boyfriend is currently living and working there.

I'm a trained primary teacher with TEFL qualifications and am stumped as to what I should do to try to get a job in Germany.
I know I can get a working holiday type visa since I'm Canadian so I guess the visa situation is ok.
How easy is it to actually get freelance work?

I know Wurzburg is a small city so I'm hoping to check out nearby cities as well.

Any suggestions.. tips .. comments please!
Sansibar1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well hello Jamez!

Congratulations on moving to W�rzburg! I lived there for 6 years and can tell you it's one of the most beautiful cities in Germany.

The downside is getting good freelance work without the proper contacts and German skills can be very difficult. Especially due to the many Americans all around the city.
Another problem is that except for the usual chain schools, Inlingua and Berlitz, you will not find many language schools there either. However I do know that those institutes are always looking for people. Might be worth a try.

You mentioned checking out nearby cities. No offense, but there are no bigger cities nearby. The only ones I can think of are all at least one hour away, e.g. Stuttgart, Frankfurt, and N�rnberg. That's one of the reasons why I left!

P.S. The military base could also be an option with your credentials.
Jamez

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, thank you so much for the info.
I didn't think there were any language schools in the city, I figured Wurzburg was too small.

You've given me hope Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Germany All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: