Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AMERICAN UNIVERSITY OF THE MIDDLE EAST (Kuwait)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic :: View next topic  
currentaffairs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it sounds like a lot of trouble for nothing. I just don't think it is a particularly good gig after reading up on the way they recruit and organise themselves. I received a message from them as well asking whether I was interested in an interview!
nwtefl

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify : the American University of the Middle East has the bad rep, whereas the American College of the Middle East doesn't ? Or ?
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The American College of the Middle East was and likely still is fully connected to AUME ... just down the street... to provide 2 year Associates Degrees. So I would expect to find similar conditions/management... just with probably even lower level students.

The American University of Kuwait has the rep as an OK place to work or at least we haven't had people here complaining.

VS
nomad soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

veiledsentiments wrote:
The American University of Kuwait has the rep as an OK place to work or at least we haven't had people here complaining.

Plus, AUK's IEP is CEA accredited, so they have accountability, and they seem to be somewhat transparent by posting their accreditation report. Look at the difference between their English language webpage (http://www.auk.edu.kw/iep/iep_main.jsp) and AUM's (http://www.aum.edu.kw/Academics-PreCollegeProgram.html). Zero comparison.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a totally embarrassing comparison...

VS
mashkif

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

veiledsentiments wrote:
The American College of the Middle East was and likely still is fully connected to AUME ... just down the street... to provide 2 year Associates Degrees. So I would expect to find similar conditions/management... just with probably even lower level students.

VS

Speaking from own experience, A.U.K. is a fantastic place, both in terms of the quality of the students and as far as an employer.

The dean of humanities, however, is a jackass who is prone to entertaining vexatious students' whines and kvetches about professors. Luckily, most people don't have any regular contact with her.

The I.E.P. (i.e. foundation) is, from what I hear, pretty solid, even if they've had a new director pretty much every year for the past 4-5 years.

If one has what it takes to get in, A.U.K. is certainly the top employer in Kuwait.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Kuwait All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: