Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Flying Lessons
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mouse

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 5:48 pm    Post subject: Flying Lessons Reply with quote

Hallo! Just wondering whether anybody knows how much flying lessons (for a private pilot license) cost in Spain and whether they are readily available. Actually, have only had a few myself but they were very cool, and I rather fancy the idea of whizzing around in the sky down in the Mediterranean. Chocks away!
Mouse

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As nobody seems interested, I'm going to hijack my own thread to practice the various functions I'm unable to use here...
Mouse

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mouse wrote:
As nobody seems interested, I'm going to hijack my own thread to practice the various functions I'm unable to use here...

So why doesn't this work?!
Mouse

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha!

Quote:
It seems to be working now?

Try another time...
Mouse

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And this should be bold.

This should be itallic.

And this should be underlined?

And in colour?

And bigger?

And bigger and in colour...
jonah

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like you sussed it out then aye. Wink
dunno about the cost of flying lessons though, expensive no doubt
good luck
jonah
Alex Shulgin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Flying Lessons Reply with quote

Mouse wrote:
Hallo! Just wondering whether anybody knows how much flying lessons (for a private pilot license) cost in Spain and whether they are readily available. Actually, have only had a few myself but they were very cool, and I rather fancy the idea of whizzing around in the sky down in the Mediterranean. Chocks away!

Here you go http://www.airsureste.com/

Amazing what google can provide....
Mouse

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, Jonah, just about figured it out now, I think. Embarassed I never was that smart.

And thanks for the link Alex Shulgin, I'll be sure to check it out. The idea of finding a site on google is a good one, I grant you, but I was kind of hoping for some more anecdotal information. Ah well, your thought was appreciated. Smile
lozwich

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being an ex-aviation bod, I've found that pilots all over the planet are generally pretty open and interesting people.. Why not just saunter over to your local general aviation airport and talk to a few people? Don't ask at the schools, ask the pilots themselves. Flying clubs are full of enthusiasts keen to chat about their passion..

Suerte!

Lozwich.
Mouse

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, cool! Thanks for the tip -- I'll try that. Smile
scot47

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 8:13 am    Post subject: Rolls Reply with quote

Flying lessons ? I want to know where in Spain I can have my Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost serviced. I have a Bentley and a BMW too and have paid for all of these out of my EFL teachers salary (plus the few thou that daddy slips me when I am on hols).
Mouse

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As always, a most sincere thank you to scot47 for his pertinent question. I, too, have been increasingly dismayed by the damage done to the paintwork of my Rolls by this harsh and dusty foreign climate. (Said Mouse, silently questioning the implication that only those with rich parents could afford the luxury [?] of flying lessons.)
lozwich

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'tisn't true, Mouse. Now helicopter lessons are expensive, but plain old flying lessons in a clapped out Cessna 152 that's older than you are and slightly wonky won't set you back much at all, in the grand scheme of things.

Sure, it costs more than, say, a nice hot chocolate in an outdoor cafe people watching, but, I reckon if you've got a bent for flying, just flipping well go for it.

Life's too short and all that.

L.
Mouse

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lozwich. As I said, I've only had two goes in a plane (yes, a little two-seater... don't know if it was a Cessna... I do know that they ought to build them a little more legroom, though!) and it was incredible. Normally I'm afraid of heights, but flying was... freedom. I loved it. One of my kiwi friends said that many UK pilots go to NZ or Oz to learn, as it's so much cheaper, and I'm not convinced that learning when my Spanish isn't 100% is a very good idea, but I do love the idea of flying around the Spanish skies.
lozwich

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 1:20 pm    Post subject: dumb stuff what i know.. Reply with quote

I never thought I'd be discussing this stuff, and especially not on an English teaching forum, but here goes...

When I had my funny little job in the aviation industry in Australia, it was possible to buy a package from a flying school. So, you paid x amount of dollars for enough flying time to get you x licence. Obviously, if you only want a private pilot's licence its a lot cheaper than a commercial one, but the cost included (I think) exams and everything. I never took lessons, but some of my friends did, one of whom is now a fighter pilot!

Also, English is the official language of aviation. Therefore (being optimistic here) you might find an instructor who speaks English well enough for you to learn in English instead of Spanish. It's crossed my mind that with my experience (aviation + EFL) I could carve out a nice little niche for myself at a flying school somewhere...

But, Mouse ole bean, you'll never find out if you don't pull your finger out and bloody go down there and ASK!!

Very Happy

Loz.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Spain All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: