Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teaching overseas in hong kong

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 7:16 am    Post subject: Teaching overseas in hong kong Reply with quote

Anyone know of any reputable places hiring teachers to teach english in hong kong? i'm looking for a 1 yr term starting this september (or earlier). i've came across one site, but i've already missed the deadline for this year Sad
i heard teaching in hong kong is high demand and it fills up fast so i wont find that many offers at this time, is that true?

feel free to pm me or email me at [email protected]. ...
thanks for any info.
Scott in HK

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are ads in the South Morning China Post every Saturday for teaching jobs. About the same number each week...there are jobs but they are not all that great. You can live on the salaries but not save all that much. The international schools had ads in the papers last month for next september...I don't know if they are still there...but I can check this Saturday for you and post some info....
Andy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that would be awsome thanks, but nothing for this september (2003)?
Roger

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can safely write those ads in the SCMNP off as the potential hirers want to talk to you face-to-face, and there are plenty of jobseekrs in HK.
Besides, many ads get posted, and nobody gets hired because the advertiser has had a rethink overnight!

Try some reputable school - the English Schools Foundation, the HK government (NET programme), any other international school (there are some two dozen).
Bertrand

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2003 4:27 am    Post subject: Re: Teaching overseas in hong kong Reply with quote

No one will hire you here without one or two interviews conducted face to face.
Scott in HK

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did check the paper over the weekend and there was an ad for the German International School...but he said shamefaced....I left the paper on the bus...

Roger is right about the private language school ads...they hire people who are already here.

I have met some people who came over after being recruited by an agency...although I don't have any other info....

There are always ads in the spring for schools hiring their NETs directly and some international schools lose teachers before the school year starts....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> China (Job-related Posts Only) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: