Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Most reputable schools for BA holders?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
eclectic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Most reputable schools for BA holders? Reply with quote

What are the most reputable schools and/or institutions in India, paying the most consistently decent wage to US citizens with BA in English and 1 year teaching experience in Korea?

There was alot of talk about a place in Delhi paying 38,000 rupees/month. That place is no longer mentioned. Why?

Anyway---

2 years ago i-to-i had a relationship with a school in Ahmadabad that paid 12,000 rupees/month. While this is way way low, I was told by many Gujaratis in New Jersey that this is a middle-income in Gujarat, and one can rent an apartment there, eat, take taxis, etc. and still save about 5,000 rupees/month.

Question: are there any schools I can count on to pay 20-30,000 per month in India that are trustworthy?
oxi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The British Council in Delhi pay over 70K a month. They're as respectable as you can get, I suppose. They used to demand 2 years experience and CELTA or equivalent. And are a bit snobbish about employing Americans. Might have got better though.

Spectrum in Bangalore pay about 40K. I heard some folk say they're ok.

Perhaps you can google for call centres in Delhi, Bangalore and Chennai. I think they will pay up to near 40K. I used to know more names, but don't have the info at hand.

I'm a bit out of date, so apologies for such obscure 'help'. I hope it helps a little.
eclectic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx oxi. not sure if I'll go to India, salaries are way low. also availability is in question.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> India All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: