Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

work???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kirkpatrick

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: work??? Reply with quote

What's the work situation like in Romania these days. One, how long would it take to find work?? Second, hows the visa situation for Americans???I am currently in Turkey and the pay here is horrid.. No comment on the Muslim lifestyle..
Mike_2007

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've posted in more detail on work opportunities in Romania in other posts. Check them out for more details.

In brief:
Language schools - very few, mostly hire local staff, pay badly.
International Schools - good pay and conditions but not that many opportunities and increasing competition for posts.
Self-employed - pays ok once you've built up a full schedule but takes time, reputation and contacts to get there.

How long - If you are qualified (i.e. degree, TEFL cert. and/or maybe some other teaching certificate) then you might try applying to the American high schools/international schools. There are only a couple so I wouldn't expect a quick move.

Visa situation for Americans - not great as teachers from other states in the union (i.e. the UK and Eire) can work without needing a visa meaning schools prefer them.
Kiels

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi - I['ve seen a lot of jobs in Romania on the TES (Times Educational Supplement) online - Just google it and click on jobs > international postings. I think most of them are in International schools so a teaching qualification is necessary. Hope that helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Romania All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: