Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Summer work in July 2010?Is it possible?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Newbie Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JK

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Summer work in July 2010?Is it possible? Reply with quote

Hello,

I am a qualified teacher with a TEFL. I would like to find a job for the summer. I will be free to travel or teach only during July. I have an American Passport, but I currently work in the UK.

Does anyone know of websites or places that hire for the summer?

Thank you,
JK
denise

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a bit early to start looking, but there are summer camps out there. I did one in China (advertised either here or www.tefl.com--can't remember) a few years ago for just four weeks--I think it was half of July and half of August, though. They didn't pay airfare, so I actually ended up losing money.

d
Chris_Crossley

Location: Still in the centre of Furnace City, PRC, after eight years!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:37 am    Post subject: E.U. passport holders are always preferred Reply with quote

The website quoted in Denise's post should be http://www.tefl.com.

I look at this website regularly, but, since it is now November, there are hardly any schools advertising for summer 2010 work at the minute, although there is usually no shortage of private language schools in the UK that recruit English native-speakers from wherever they might be.

Having said that, though, in order to avoid the rigmarole of issuing special work permits, they usually wish to hire only those who have E.U. passports.

If you are currently in the U.K., though, you should make sure that you are authorised to work during the summer of 2010 in the country; if you are, then you can, of course, always say that you are to anybody who queries the fact that you do not possess an E.U. passport.

If not, you should see if you can get the validity period extended, but, if you can't, you may find that these schools are not willing to sponsor you even if you are in the U.K. now.

For them, it is just too much hassle, administratively speaking, to sponsor someone who doesn't hold an E.U. passport, and they'd rather hire those who do have E.U. passports so that they do not have to go through the time and expense of applying for special papers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Newbie Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: