Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How exactly do you get a work permit?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lemke2020

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:38 am    Post subject: How exactly do you get a work permit? Reply with quote

How exactly do you get a work permit to teach in the Ukraine?
Cardinal Synn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your employer should sort that out for you. If that's not appropriate, then give us a little more information about your circumstances.
Cheers
nugget31

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at my posting under 'visa' on this forum but basically yeah, you need the help of a school to get the work permit.
charlesinukraine

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:05 am    Post subject: Work Permits Reply with quote

It is illegal to be employed in Ukraine without a work permit issued by the government as well as a tax id. Employers generally pay taxes but every person employed by a Ukrainian company must have a tax id and work permit. If a person doesn't hold these then the worker is illegal. Also, official salaries must be paid through bank accounts.
nugget31

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well as we all know, laws in Ukraine aren't exactly set in stone.. I have full work permits, tax numbers, registration etc but I don't get paid via bank account so I'm not sure about that one.. I think it's difficult to say anything is 'illegal' in Ukraine when the law itself is extremely fragile and when judges, police and doctors are routinely paid off.
SarahLundt

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone every heard of someone deproted?
nugget31

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deproted - no.. Sounds painful : )

I've not heard of anyone being deported.. I think it would only happen if you tried to mess around with the law or did something very negative and out of the ordinary..
charlesinukraine

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the expat.ua site several teachers have stated that they were prevented from re-entering Ukraine. They claim they were denied access. The went to the UA consulate in Poland and were denied an appropriate visa. They also indicated they were required to sign an official document (written in Ukrainian). I don't have the specific link but you can search the posts to find teachers' comments.

The US and EU have funded the implementation of computer databases which easily allows border police to track entry and exit and calculate days within country. It is especially becoming strict with EU border countries.

These days it is best to have legal work status which is a work permit and an IM-1 visa. Private and Business visas don't work the way they used to work.

Be cautious of schools that don't give legal work status. It's doubtful they will support you when a border guard prevents you from re-entering Ukraine.
ddraig64

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:36 am    Post subject: Kiev Airport Reply with quote

All the things I had heard were either a little exaggerated or a person's glum view. The only issue I had was first, not completely filling out the immigration form, second only having a telephone number, not an address for my contact. I only stayed 2 days, but everyone entering and leaving was very nice. Boris just looked and said have a good time. Like the good old days when entering the US, now entering the US is a fucking nightmare, especially Dullass D.C.

Oh I am a UK citizen, so I think I was treated a little better in Kyiv.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Ukraine All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: