Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

visa
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Kalgukshi
Mod Team
Mod Team

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An inappropriate posting using the real name of an individual has been deleted. Please report instances of this kind of behavior to the Mod Team by Report Post.

Repeats of such postings will result in sanctions.
charlesinukraine

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject: Foreigners� residence in Ukraine to be restricted MIGnews.co Reply with quote

// 25.05.2009 // 16:57 //
Foreigners� residence in Ukraine to be restricted
MIGnews.com.ua

The Main Directorate of the Interior Ministry in Kyiv initiates reduction of foreigners� duration of stay in Ukraine. The chief of the Directorate Vitaly Yarema reported this at a briefing.

�We will bring up a question about it at the Interior Ministry to restrict duration of stay to simplify work of militia like in Russia�, Yarema said.

According to him, foreign citizens may stay within 90 days in Ukraine. �They may create problems for militia during this time�, Vitaly Yarema noted.

Current legislation of Ukraine is extremely loyal about it, Ukrayinski novyny is citing him as saying.

link to the article: http://www4.mignews.com.ua/en/articles/354113.html
dackinator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently in the UK and need to get my CELTA certificate stamped for a work permit.

I've worked out that getting it a. notorized, and b. apostilled, will come to about �150. What if i leave it until i come to ukraine? I've read that since im an eu citizen i can enter ukraine without a visa. Is this true?
misteradventure

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo1 wrote:
misteradventure wrote:
An Apostille is a certification by the SECRETARY OF STATE or FOREIGN MINISTER certifying that the document is legitimate and not something you made with Adobe Photoshop in your bedroom.

A Notary will NOT work.

And what of countries, such as Canada, which do not use an Apostille system? I believe there are a few Canadian teachers with work permits there, are there not?

If one bothers to research the issue, it will be clear that, while the Apostille system is regulated by international treaty (disposing of the necessity of the document to be authenticated by the receiving country's Consulate in the sending country), Canada still requires that documents be authenticated by their foreign ministry and that some documents must be notarized (e.g. true copies of original documents) before they will consider authenticating the copies of the original documents.

Canada isn't special in this regard, so don't spill your poutine in outrage; Paraguay is also a non-signatory of the Hague Convention. It is often just an additional hoop to jump through and another fee to pay.
bingbing223

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poutine spilling aside, the process for Canadians for documents is much harder and takes much, much more time. You would need to submit all legal documents to DFAIT in Ottawa. This process costs around $100 plus an additional $15 for each copy/extra document and takes 8 weeks. Yep. 8 Weeks. That doesn't count the time it takes for you to mail them there (unless you live in Ottawa) and have them mailed back to you. There is a round about way you can do it if you're already in Ukraine but it's such a pain... You can take the original documents to the Canadian Embassy in Kiev, have them notarized, then take them to the Department of Foreign affairs in Kiev and have them signed or stamped or some jazz.

I went through this last month and it was a living hell. I ended up in Polish limbo waiting for a work permit to apply for a business visa for about 3 weeks. Never again, my friends. Never again. Watch out for any school that doesn't start this process when you're in your home country, or at least before you've entered Ukraine. Trust me, it will save you a lot of time and money- as well as your sanity.

One cool thing to note though- Canadian visas to Ukraine are pretty cheap if obtained in Canada- looking at 60-240 depending on the type of visa.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Ukraine All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: