Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help making a lesson in Trujillo

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NickImpy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Help making a lesson in Trujillo Reply with quote

I have a practice lesson comming up at UK, they gave me the choice of what it could be on out of three choices. I chose passive voice in the past tense. Now, I've never received a TEFL CERT before. I look up this stuff online and I just don't get the explinations. Therefore I am lost for what I need to do on Monday when I need to give my 45 minute lesson. Can anybody email me and explain what it is, isn't and show me examples so I can construct my lesson plan. Please help.

[email protected]
Kevin_NY

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:11 am    Post subject: Passive voice Reply with quote

Nick, I hope this doesn�t sound rude. They gave you three choices, and you chose one you did not understand? Did you understand any of the three? I know some people might disagree, but I think you really need a degree in TESOL to effectively teach English�.
PS The dog bit Juan - the dog is the subject and doing the action.
Juan was bitten by the dog-- Juan is now the subject, but he is not doing the action....
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:22 am    Post subject: Re: Help making a lesson in Trujillo Reply with quote

NickImpy wrote:
I have a practice lesson comming up at UK, they gave me the choice of what it could be on out of three choices. I chose passive voice in the past tense. Now, I've never received a TEFL CERT before. I look up this stuff online and I just don't get the explinations. Therefore I am lost for what I need to do on Monday when I need to give my 45 minute lesson. Can anybody email me and explain what it is, isn't and show me examples so I can construct my lesson plan. Please help.

[email protected]

The boy was given a prize. Past Passive
A man gave the boy a prize. Past Active

In the passive, the thing receiving the action is more important than the thing giving the action

It's was or were, plus the past participle.
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick, how did the practice test go? Did you get offered a job?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Peru All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: