Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teaching at an international school in the Philippines??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Philippines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiels

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:09 am    Post subject: Teaching at an international school in the Philippines?? Reply with quote

Hello. I'm posting to ask advice regarding living and working in the philippines.

I had a job interview for a primary school teaching post at an international school and fingers crossed, I'll be successful in getting the job!

Anybody who has worked or lived in the Philippines please help! Thanks. The area I would be working in is Angeles. I can't find much information on working in the Philippines on this site so any help would be appreciated.

How safe is it to work and live over there?
vettievette

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I am Filipino living in the US and looking to go back to the Philippines via an international school gig next school year (2011). My dad is from the province of Pampanga, where Angeles is. Angeles is the home of a former US air base - Clark that now houses a huge mall and several subdivisions that they're trying to market to foreign investors and Filipino retirees looking to return to the Philippines. English is the primary language taught/spoken in the Philippine school system so most Filipinos speak it very well and language should not be an issue for you in your day to day routine. From my experience Angeles is not as happening as Manila (the country's capital) in terms of nightlife, etc. but it also isn't too far from Manila for weekend visits. You're not too far from Subic Bay (site of another former US base) and Zambales beach. There is also an airport at Clark where you can take flights to other parts of the country and not have to fly out of Manila Int'l Airport. Also - if you aren't afraid of trying new food, you will eat well in Angeles. Pampanga is known for their cooking.

I recall emailing a school in Angeles as part of my research for this move. Which one did you apply to? What salary scale are they offering?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Philippines All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: