Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

pay in Argentina

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Argentina
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Professor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:34 pm    Post subject: pay in Argentina Reply with quote

Hola!

What's the normal pay rate in BA for an experienced teacher? Is rent expensive? I'm considering moving there in August and I'm trying to get some info ahead of time.
I've learned by living in Mexico City for two years that one needs to do as much research as possible before going to a country.

Thanks all
che2007

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

normal rate of pay should be from 25-35 pesos... You're a native speaker so don't except less than that. for apartment rentals go to: http://buenosaires.es.craigslist.org/
desiree612

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it best to find a roomate...or could one live on their own..and make it?
also how much money do you think one should have saved before moving out to argentina???
che2007

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

desiree612 wrote:
is it best to find a roomate...or could one live on their own..and make it?
also how much money do you think one should have saved before moving out to argentina???

Well you have to think about the rent each month. You'll have to rent a room, not your own apartment. The room could be anything from a room in a house, an apartment, a studio, etc. And per month (rent for foreigners is in american USD here) and it can range from 250-400 dollars. So you should think about that. I think it will be very difficult to live on your as an ESL teacher here. You will definitely have to find a roomate. It's difficult to get full-time hours at just one place here. You will probably have to have a few jobs and run around the city just to fill up your day. If you can handle this then welcome to Argentina. I would have saved up at least 5000 dollars which I think would be good for one year. With that money you could have a good time here. Work a little and play a little! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Argentina All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: