Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How long to wait for police check in HCM

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jb0072009

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:01 am    Post subject: How long to wait for police check in HCM Reply with quote

I just came back from the judicial office on Pasteur here to submit my application for a criminal check (I need for work permit). Anyway they took the application and gave me a return date of May 19 to pick it up. More than 1 month! Is this normal?
Danaa

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:10 am    Post subject: Re: How long to wait for police check in HCM Reply with quote

jb0072009 wrote:
I just came back from the judicial office on Pasteur here to submit my application for a criminal check (I need for work permit). Anyway they took the application and gave me a return date of May 19 to pick it up. More than 1 month! Is this normal?

It actually can be longer than 1 month. If you get yours in a month, that is not bad.

My landlord is meeting with the police in the Ward office of the police station this week.

I assume that it just has to show that I'm registered with the police to live her and do live here, and that I have not committed any crimes (which I haven't).

One of the most difficult things to do with the WP is to get the criminal check in VN. It's slow, complicated, and often involves sitting down and having tea or beer.

And you landlord HAS TO to do some of the legwork. Many landlords don't.

To add to this mess, I have decided to teach and live in another city soon.

So.....even when I finally get my WP for HCMC, when I leave, I'll probably have to do at least half of all of these steps again!
jb0072009

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea you have to have a "family" book aka So khai bao tam tru, tam vang (whatever that means) which like you said the landlord has to get from the police for you. I already had that when I turned in the application which is why I was surprised it is taking so long
Wide Awake

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It took mine about a month as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Vietnam All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: