Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What do you think?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Asia Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leby26

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 3:29 am    Post subject: What do you think? Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,
I saw this posting on the job postings for Korea - Can anyone give me their opinion on this? To me, it sounds ideal, but maybe I'm missing something - I'm new to this, and I'm sure I'm missing something....? The truth? It's much appreciated,

Regards,

Laura

Quote:

Posted By: TEFL International <[email protected]>
Date: Saturday, 31 January 2004, at 6:46 a.m.

A new way to learn (earn an internationally-recognized TESOL Certificate) and earn while working at a South Korean language school with the new PELT (Practical English Language Certificate) by TEFL International.

Prospective teachers will receive:

1. 70 hours worth of DVD including inputs from some of the world's best-known ESL professionals like H. Douglas Brown, Dave Sperling, Jack Richards and Scott Thornbury.

2. "Practical English Language Teaching", a specially-printed TEFL International edition of the McGraw Hill text edited by David Nunan with chapters written by even more famous ESL professionals like Neil Anderson and Diane Larson Freeman.

3. "Smooth Moves", the core text of the TEFL International TESOL certificate course.

4. An orientation before you begin working at the school.

5. A 12-month contract at a Korean language school paying at least 1.9 million won per month + housing.

6. A full, five-day, end-of-course assessment including eight hours of Observed Teaching Practice

7. Successful candidates will receive a TESOL certificate issued by TEFL International and signed by David Nunan!

8. Round-trip airfare reimbursement.

9. End of contract one-month bonus.

The cost of the certificate course is $580.

The end result is that instead of sitting in a classroom paying us, you actually earn a net of at least $18,000 + housing and airfare for earning your TESOL certificate during your year.

A great new way to earn and learn!

For additional information see our website www.teflintl.com http://www.teflintl.com and the PELT Program or Email us at [email protected]
leby26

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have an opinion on this that they can offer? Please? I'd really appreciate it, and thank you Smile
guest of Japan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might have better luck posting this on the Korean forum.

To be honest I have no idea if the conditions and wages being offered are acceptable in Korea.

The course drops a lot of names, but it doesn't really tell you what you'll learn.

I personally would opt for an RSA Celta or a certificate from Tokyo Language Arts College. If you do you Celta through International House you are quite likely to find a position in one of their schools throughout the world.

It really depends on where you want to teach and for how long you want to be a teacher.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Asia Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: