Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hourly rate for private lessons?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
avahanian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 8:14 am    Post subject: hourly rate for private lessons? Reply with quote

Dear all:

I have been, for some time, trying to survey English teachers in Italy to find out what they charge as an hourly rate for private lessons.

I know this would be of tremendous benefit for those people who read these forums, therefore, could those of you who teach private lessons in Italy or have taught private lessons, let us know what you charge?

best wishes

Arin
Caroline

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 10:25 am    Post subject: Hourly private lesson rates Reply with quote

Here in central Italy, my colleagues and I charge between 15-20 Euro an hour for private lessons. The lower rate is for friends or perhaps conversation students and the higher rate is for "difficult" or obviously wealthy students.

Caroline
ddf

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:03 pm    Post subject: Tutoring Reply with quote

Thanks I have been searching for the same information. I thought the pay was usually around 25 - 30 Euros in the larger cities. Does anyone else have any other info? I am going to Rome on the 29th of this month and am hoping to do some EFL tutoring. I am taking an Italian course for 4 months but would like to work part-time. I have a degree in TESL, am qualified to teach elementary and secondary school and have several years experience working in the ESL field. I also have an Italian passport. Does anyone know where I can find potential students or place ads?
Thanks
ddf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Italy All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: