Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

what does it take to get a bank account in Colombia?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Colombia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wanderingsalsero

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:04 am    Post subject: what does it take to get a bank account in Colombia? Reply with quote

What does it take to get a bank account in Colombia?

Anybody know?

And also, do they customarily give a credit or debit card with one of the major 'logos' ......i.e. Visa, MC or Amexco?

Thanks,
Art

P.S. I'm thinking that I might be looking for a teaching job down there, probably in Barranquilla, sometime around February or March. Or I might just be kinda semi-retired, doing some internet work, and want a local bank account.
windowlicker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colombian banks are pretty strict about opening accounts. You need a Colombian ID card, which you get after acquiring a visa. I'm nearly positive it's impossible to open an account without a Colombian ID.

Yes, when you open an account they automatically give you a debit card with a major logo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Colombia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: