Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What can I get with this?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Middle East Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nuuri55

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:43 am    Post subject: What can I get with this? Reply with quote

I'm new to this forum. I'm working on a Masters in Second Language Teaching right now which is an equivalent to a Masters in Applied Linguistics. My BA was in Middle East Studies with a minor in Arabic. I speak, read, write, MSA and speak Egyptian and the Levantine dialects. I'd really like to get a job in the Middle East teaching English. I'd really like to learn the Gulf dialect and learn more about Islam. I don't have any teaching experience in the Middle East yet. I've taught English in Japan and ESL in the US. Can anyone tell me how many years of experience you need to teach at the University of Kuwait? Also which country and more specifically which institution would hire newbies like me? Thanks in advance for any insights.
veiledsentiments

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Nuuri,

Your first step should be to read the responses on this board. There is a lot of information already here. I think that you will find the answers to many of your questions.

Also, visit the job information journal which has all sorts of information positive and negative on the countries and some of the employers.

That way you can come back here and ask more specific questions.

VS
(BTW, you would probably be able to get a job at Kuwait once your MA is complete, but it is certainly not the most desirable country or employer in the Gulf.)
Paul in Saudi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you will be highly qualified. You should have no problem at all finding a gig.
Cleopatra

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuwait UNi demand 2 years third-level teaching experience.

or at least that's what they say...
nuuri55

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:58 am    Post subject: Alf Shukr Reply with quote

Thank you to everyone who posted a reply. I appreciate your input.

Regards,

Nuuri55
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Middle East Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: