Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CR paperwork - Visas etc...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Costa Rica
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dhsampso

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True. I only stayed in Nicaragua 48 hours. It can be ht or miss. I had a friend cross over to Panama and have a real tough time coming back in CR because she didn't have a plane ticket or bus ticket showing she'd be moving along after 3 months. I never had problems in the airport, but then friends of mine have problems.
tuanismae19

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't bother with your visa. I've spent the last year trying to do things "right", and though my paperwork is all in, and I have a letter from immigration stating I am legal, I am still waiting for the date to go get my ID card taken. The process is a complete pain from step one. For the visa itself, you only need to bring copies of your official birth certificate and police report with apostilles. However, the apostille can only be obtained in the capital city of your state. If you're not pressed for time, you can mail it all, but if, like me, you are leaving soon and snail mail isn't fast enough, you have to get to the capital. If, like me, your state of birth is different from your state of residence, you have to make the trip out of state to get things done.

Looking back, I wish I hadn't been so desperate to get one. Border runs are surprisingly easier.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Costa Rica All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: