Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bob Dylan to perform at RMIT Saigon?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
toiyeuthitmeo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:01 am    Post subject: Bob Dylan to perform at RMIT Saigon? Reply with quote

Item: Bob Dylan to perform at RMIT in Ho Chi Minh City on Sunday, April 10th. This has been reported by The Youth newspaper, one of the major Vietnamese dailies.

Many can acknowledge Dylan's legendary status, and his stature as a symbol of the anti-war movement and 60s culture in general makes the prospect of a performance by him in Vietnam very intriguing to me. Even if he really can't sing too well these days.

Can anyone confirm this is actually happening, and if possible, the nature of the show (specifically, will Dylan just make some token appearance for a number or two, or play a whole set?)

If anyone learns how to and when to obtain tickets, I'd really appreciate some info. If you happen to work at RMIT, ask around if you get a chance.

According to the article, the show is a tribute to the late Trinh Cong Son, one of Vietnam's most prolific composers and lyricists who was/is famous for his anti-war lyrics. This makes me wonder if this will then actually be a Viet event with other acts, and Dylan being nominally involved.

The show remains unlisted on Dylan's official website, but many fan sites are reporting the date. He's on an Asian tour and will be performing in Singapore and Hong Kong in the days surrounding this date, so it seems plausible.
surreycouple

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, go to speak to the manager at Boomerang Bar, District 7
toiyeuthitmeo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

So, is that the place to go to actually purchase tickets, or just to obtain additional information?

Thanks
CAPIVARA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject: Bob Dylan Fan Video Reply with quote

While your waiting for Bob to come to RMIT, try this, you'll probably enjoy it, and I hope I can enjoy his concert with you in the future.
Capivara
Very Happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_q_hcMgSa0&feature=BF&list=PL7B7E250ABE8B4E64&index=4
Bold As Love

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the Bob link ... Got me listening to all kinds of Bob and Neil Young tunes. I totally believe BD may play here, it seems he has been touring small venues for the last 20 years. Not as a superstar, just an old guy who likes to play music. I can't wait.
Waldorf Salad

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/bob-dylan-concerts-held-up-by-chinese-goverment-20110303
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Vietnam All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: