Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Obama for re-election
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steinmann

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you lost him, John.
Sashadroogie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnslat wrote:
The government has bigger and better guns . . ." - which, by the way, makes owning an AK47 to fight when the government gets frisky so downright dumb.

Ah, the lovely Avtomat Kalashnikova! Amazing gift of the Soviet Union to all freedom-loving peoples in the world. Been battling corrupt governments since 1947. Ah, I'm being transported into rhapsodies...

Yes, of course the government has bigger and better guns, it's true. But it is not always the gun itself that counts - more the man behind it, and the measure of his Communist ardour. I'm fairly sure that if all freedom-loving people in America were to rise up, they too could live in a Workers' Paradise. Much faster way to secure basic humans rights such as universal healthcare.

Hic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YYD5XHZago&feature=related
wangdaning

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sad fact is that both of the guys are a joke. America needs a better executive (that in itself being a big farce).

More than that though is the utter lack of thought on politics. It has been stigmatized. If you talk about politics strongly you are over bearing.

The problem with the US is not who is elected, it is those electing them. Why would you vote in a corporate government, why not a genuine government?

Why do so many people play dead, yet pay to murder others for their right to vote?

I am very cynical.

If you are somehow still holding out hope that the US government will abdicate and allow something better to take its place, keep dreaming. The government is there to get your money for their things. If it wasn't them it would be someone else.

I said I was cynical. This is really not a bash on Obama, nor Romney.

May the best man win?
disraeli123

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Obama re-election ha, ha, ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha!!!!! Reply with quote

Come on 8.3% unemployment.........$3.87per gallon of gas..........the killing of the U.S. ambassador to Libya etc, etc, etc. Please don't make me laugh Obummer re-elected REALLY!!!!!
johnslat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear disraeli123,

I'm going to make you laugh:

September 14th, 2012:
"According to the most-recent NBC/Wall St. Journal/Marist University poll, President Obama is leading Romney five to seven points in key swing states: In Florida, Obama leads 49 percent to Romney�s 43 percent; in Virginia, Obama leads 49 percent to Romney�s 43 percent; and in New Hampshire, a poll conducted by WMUR-TV shows President Obama leading 45 percent to Romney�s 40 percent.
Most notable and vital to a presidential win is President Obama�s reported lead in Ohio, where he leads Romney by seven points, 50 percent to 43 percent, respectively.
These findings translate to the economy as well. Ohio reportedly has the worst perception of the Republican candidate, with 48 percent of Ohioans believing that Obama can handle the economy better than Romney, who has just 44 percent of those polled convinced that he could do a better job than President Obama."

http://newsone.com/2038781/obama-romney-swing-states-poll/

Or maybe cry Very Happy

Regards,
John
disraeli123

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: John, John, John............................................ Reply with quote

John, I saw your other entry in the other thread so look and learn.............

John.......I don't cry over politics only lonely people take politics that seriously.......................................................................................
johnslat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear disraeli,

" . . . only lonely people take politics that seriously."

I guess you'd know.

Regards,
John
Cool Teacher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: John, John, John........................................ Reply with quote

disraeli123 wrote:
John, I saw your other entry in the other thread so look and learn.............

John.......I don't cry over politics only lonely people take politics that seriously.......................................................................................

Then if your just having a laugh how do we know you are right? Wink Cool
geaaronson

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that Obama has recaptured the faltering WH subject to repeated assaults by the TeaTippers, we hope that he will continue to make judicious presidential decisions. Let`s
1) ameliorate the continued dire aftermath of the subprime bubble burst
2) federal indictments against investment bankers cheating the system
3) Re-enactment of Glass-Steagall
4) Remove *beep* Assad from Syria (by subterfuge)
5) finally raise taxes on the superwealthy, ie. those with incomes in the high 6 figures, a VAT
6) a bracero program for immigration
7) midwife BigBird`s next flock.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: