Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ukraine -educational solutions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
teacher12344

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: ukraine -educational solutions Reply with quote

Does anyone know anything on Educational solutions any input would be great.
gonzalvo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Educational Solutions is basically a centralised recruitment site for a group of schools in Ukraine - Language Academy and London School of English. There are various branches of these schools in three different cities but they're all owned and run by the same people.

I know teachers who have or are working at a number of these schools - their experiences have ranged from okay to pretty poor. Generally, your experience will depend on which school you're working at and who you are.

I'd advise you to compare your offer to what other companies are offering in the same city.

If you're interested in more information then private message me.
redsoxfan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've worked for them for 3 years. Not sure about most teachers having an 'ok to poor' experience. They offer lots of teacher development for less experienced teachers and there are various opportunities for promotion within the company for more experienced teachers. They always pay on time (and give advances on your salary if requested) and they are true to the contract, no funny stuff. It's a British-run company, been around for 15 years or so. This is one of the few schools in Ukraine that one would want to work for. pm me if you have any questions.
ebsarver

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have recently interviewed with their director in Kyiv, and can say that this is a great outfit. They did not have a full time job to offer me at this particular moment, but they did have some part time opportunities. They interviewed me twice, once by phone before my arrival, and once in person after my arrival. I then interviewed at another of their schools a third time. Then they asked me to teach a demo lesson. After the demo lesson, I was called back and given feedback about my performance that was very valuable to my future in Ukraine.

I cannot imagine that any school that would offer me such great career development advice, and spend so much time asking me questions and answering mine would be anything but a great place to work. The people I met in their offices were kind, well-spoken, and gave me more support than any other school with which I have interviewed in Ukraine thus far.

Their reputation among competing schools is quite strong, as well as with the two former teachers I ran into here. Most schools ask me where else I have applied, and when I mention LSE and the Language Academy (two of the Educational Solutions Group schools), they always say that those are good choices as places of employment.

Very few schools in Ukraine offer work permits (probably less than 20%). About half offer a free apartment or rent subsidy. Many do not offer a guaranteed minimum number of hours or minimum salary. This school offers all of those to employees.
ecocks

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

London School of English (LSE) in Kyiv is a strong school with one of the better reputations. Maybe it's different in the other cities though. I knew people who coped well enough in Kyiv that couldn't figure out any other towns or cities.

The only negative comments I am aware of is that they are a bit "too British" for some (I'm guessing non-Brits said that). Also, I heard a couple of folks weren't terribly happy about their living arrangements but that was a few years ago.

I can imagine there would be some issues in other cities but would remind folks that a lot of teachers come in with misconceptions and learn they have no ability to live in a foreign culture.

This business is what it is. Good networking among long-time teachers in the area will be far more helpful than whatever anyone perceives regarding the school's needing to support you. That is with the exception of the work permit issue of course. LSE has always had a very good reputation in representing their work fairly and building what a solid school needs to build a solid, long-term business.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
chromium

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work there now and have for 2 years. It is a great place to work - honest people running the schools, well-paid, payment on time, teacher training, full visa support, and they will have an apartment waiting for you (not shared) when you arrive.

The owners, who largely are the directors of the schools, want their teachers to stay. They will pay 50% of your Delta and we have started a teacher training program in all the schools entitled Celta to Delta.

They have 3 schools in Kiev, 2 in Odessa, and 1 in Donetsk.

PM me with any specific questions.
chromium

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS: as for "pretty poor" experiences of past teachers: that would be the teachers' fault, not the school's.
If they had poor experiences at LSE or Business Academy, it was probably because they couldn't handle living in Ukraine, had personal problems, or were *beep*-ups who got fired.
sharter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:13 am    Post subject: money Reply with quote

What do they pay?
chromium

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on your experience. You should at mimimum have a CELTA

after that the pay ranges from about $800 - 1200 for native English speakers
sharter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: erm Reply with quote

Can you live on that pocket change there? I know Poland well and that ain't enough.
chromium

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, quite comfortably - you have no bills. I make more than that, but usually spend $700 or so a month living and save $1000 a month. But, most people can easily live on $500 here, assuming you don't pay rent.

I know Poland well too. I lived in wroclaw, Rzeszow, Gdansk, and Sopot.
Cardinal Synn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chromium wrote:
PS: as for "pretty poor" experiences of past teachers: that would be the teachers' fault, not the school's.
If they had poor experiences at LSE or Business Academy, it was probably because they couldn't handle living in Ukraine, had personal problems, or were *beep*-ups who got fired.

Nobody was fired from Business Academy. I worked there for its whole existence.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Ukraine All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: