Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

banks open on Sunday?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Cambodia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charvo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:13 am    Post subject: banks open on Sunday? Reply with quote

Hi, everyone. I am residing in Vietnam now. I would like to make a Sunday visit to Cambodia some time in the near future. I am interested in making a USD deposit at a bank in Cambodia. Would someone please tell me of a bank branch that is open on Sunday into the afternoon? Thank you.
deessell2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no banks in Cambodia that are open on a Sunday. How are you planning on making a deposit when you don't have an account?
Charvo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.sihanoukville-cambodia.com/sihanoukville-businesses/new3/cambodia-asia-bank.html

This person said Cambodia Asia Bank is open on Sunday, but I wanted another person to confirm that this is true. I want to open a term deposit account.
deessell2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You had better check the requirements to open a bank account, as some banks won't let you on a tourist visa, you need a six month business visa.
PattyFlipper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABA and Canadia banks will allow tourist or one month ordinary visa holders to open a 'non-resident account'. All you need is your passport (for ABA, at least). Be aware though that any interest earned from these accounts attracts mandatory government 'withholding tax' at a much higher rate.

I am not aware of any banks which open on Sunday. Most of them also close on Saturday. Some branches may be open at the weekend to facilitate Western Union transfers and/or foreign currency exchange, but will not conduct regular banking transactions during these hours.
Charvo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PattyFlipper wrote:
ABA and Canadia banks will allow tourist or one month ordinary visa holders to open a 'non-resident account'. All you need is your passport (for ABA, at least). Be aware though that any interest earned from these accounts attracts mandatory government 'withholding tax' at a much higher rate.

I am not aware of any banks which open on Sunday. Most of them also close on Saturday. Some branches may be open at the weekend to facilitate Western Union transfers and/or foreign currency exchange, but will not conduct regular banking transactions during these hours.

Thanks for the information.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Cambodia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: