Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Amanda Knox
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Captain_Fil

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:58 pm    Post subject: Amanda Knox Reply with quote

Knox is free! Very Happy

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44752948/ns/today-today_news/t/knox-verdict-reached-court-announce-it-shortly/#.TooTT-wRHTA
johnslat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful - hope she's innocent, as well Very Happy.

Regards,
John
wiganer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope posters on here show some respect for the Kercher family whose daughter and sister had been murdered in cold blood.

What are facts are that Knox tried to frame an innocent man and is a manipulative little liar, best thing for her to do is go back to America and to anonymity but I fear that won't be the case when there are films to be made and interviews to be held which will roll in the millions. Rolling Eyes
eurobound

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well, smiley face I suppose. After all, an attractive young American girl couldn't possibly have had a hand in murder, could she.

They should have tried her in Texas.
scot47

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fame is a toxic substance. Watch it destroy Ms Knox.
Captain_Fil

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I predict a book deal and a movie. Perhaps, a sexy layout in Playboy.

Amanda Knox will be a rich woman.

Wink

Last edited by Captain_Fil on Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
wiganer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain_Fil wrote:

Amanda Know will be a rich woman.

You, an English teacher? Don't make me laugh MOD EDIT. Rolling Eyes
johnslat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear wiganer,

Goodness - a little tough on a typo, aren't you?

"I hope posters on here show some respect for the Kercher family whose daughter and sister had been murdered in cold blood."

No one pointed out the wrong tense in your post (i.e. "had been murdered") or the lack of a comma before "you moron."

Regards,
John
wiganer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnslat wrote:
Dear wiganer,

Goodness - a little tough on a typo, aren't you?

"I hope posters on here show some respect for the Kercher family whose daughter and sister had been murdered in cold blood."

No one pointed out the wrong tense in your post (i.e. "had been murdered") or the lack of a comma before "you moron."

Regards,
John

I will simplify this for you John Slat.

The OP in question is not an English teacher (he cannot afford to do his CELTA) but seems to be reveling in the fact that a convicted killer (who has been released on a technicality) might do a playboy centrefold and make millions.

I know members of the family concerned and I would like members of this forum to show some restraint and decorum, seeing as Knox has not been proven innocent of the murder of Meredith Kercher, not too much to ask is it?

It is just as well we are on an internet forum and not real life where I would wring his neck.
johnslat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear wiganer,

Ah, so it wasn't the typo. Sorry.

But the post whose contents so irritated at doesn't seen so different from your comment:

"I fear that won't be the case when there are films to be made and interviews to be held which will roll in the millions."

Ms Knox was, apparently, found "Not Guilty."

"Amanda Knox found not guilty of murder by Italian jury, in appeals trial"

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20114730-504083.html

Is a verdict of "not guilty" in an Italian court different from being "proved innocent?"

. . . seeing as Knox has not been proven innocent of the murder of Meredith Kercher, not too much to ask is it?"

or did the media source, quoted above, get the facts wrong?

(By the way, I'm not being snide here - I really don't know.)

Regards,
John
wiganer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnslat wrote:
Dear wiganer,

Ah, so it wasn't the typo. Sorry.

But the post whose contents so irritated at doesn't seen so different from your comment:

"I fear that won't be the case when there are films to be made and interviews to be held which will roll in the millions."

Ms Knox was, apparently, found "Not Guilty."

"Amanda Knox found not guilty of murder by Italian jury, in appeals trial"

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20114730-504083.html

Is a verdict of "not guilty" in an Italian court different from being "proved innocent?"

. . . seeing as Knox has not been proven innocent of the murder of Meredith Kercher, not too much to ask is it?"

or did the media source, quoted above, get the facts wrong?

(By the way, I'm not being snide here - I really don't know.)

Regards,
John

She wasn't found not guilty, she was acquitted on the back of the incompetence of the Italian police, it wasn't proven that she murdered Meredith Kercher because of the flawed practices of the Italian police and their handling of the DNA samples in the flat, which is different from being proclaimed innocent which she hasn't been as far as I can see.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/oct/04/amanda-knox-juror-speaks-out

In Scotland, they have a similar verdict of 'Not Proven' if she was in fact found innocent of the murder of Meredith Kercher and was released on this basis then she would be able to sue the Italian government for wrongful arrest and imprisonment but that is the last thing she is going to do because that's not happened.
johnslat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear wiganer,

I know in the US, the law stipulates innocent until proven guilty. But doesn't Italy follow the Napoleonic Code: guilty until proven innocent?

Again, I'm not sure about this - it's what I've picked up from reading detective novels.

Regards,
John
Mr. Kalgukshi
Mod Team
Mod Team

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A member has just become an ex-member. Calling another member a "moron" more often than not results in a deportation order from this board.

I would suggest that everyone tone down the rhetoric on this thread if it is to survive to see another day and also avoid the possibility (okay, probability) of sanctions for those that choose not to comply with this suggestion.
Captain_Fil

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After four years in an Italian prison for a murder she didn't commit, Amanda Knox has finally returned home in Seattle, Washington. Her friends and family are ecstatic.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/Amanda-Knox-returns-to-Seattle-2202814.php?tsp=1

She can now resume her life. A bright future awaits her...

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
eurobound

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain_Fil wrote:
After four years in an Italian prison for a murder she didn't commit, Amanda Knox has finally returned home in Seattle, Washington. Her friends and family are ecstatic.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/Amanda-Knox-returns-to-Seattle-2202814.php?tsp=1

She can now resume her life. A bright future awaits her...

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Come now. She did it.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Current Events Forum All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: