Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So I got this call from Telcel....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico (off-topic)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MotherF

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: So I got this call from Telcel.... Reply with quote

Inviting me to update my "equipment" and keep my same number. The summer of 2008 they were calling every week with that and I always declined because, I like my phone. Sure it's out-of-date. Heck, I've had it for 8 years now. But I like it because it's digital rather than chip. I'm the only person who has any reception inside the buildings at the university. I also get reception out at my house, where my husband's chip phone is completely without signal. So I'm explaining that to the nice gentleman who is telling me that I have the "oportunity" to get a new phone.

He's not conviencing me so suddenly he changes his message.
I have until January 31st of this year then telcel digital phones will no longer work. Question Is that true? or is he just trying to sell me a phone? Has anyone else heard anything about this. Really, if I have to get a phone that will only work when I'm downtown--what's the point? I'm rarely downtown. I'm either up one side of the valley at the work or up the other side at home. So much for "covertura nacional"!
Phil_K

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no specific information about this, but I do know that the marketing for cellphones is particularly aggressive and they will do anything to sell. Personally, I'd take this with a pinch of salt, but to be sure why not just ask in a Telcel center?

Being the contrary person I am, I don't use Telcel (I use Movistar). Things like national coverage, digital/analogue, bells & whistles, etc don't bother me in the least, and I'm not going to fall prey to fashion/marketing. Quite honestly, I managed the first thirty years or so of my life without being connected to the world all the time. My phone is probably as old as yours, MotherF, but you know what? It makes and receives calls!!!! Hooray! What more do I need?

<<End of Rant>>
EFLeducator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil_K wrote:
I have no specific information about this, but I do know that the marketing for cellphones is particularly aggressive and they will do anything to sell. Personally, I'd take this with a pinch of salt, but to be sure why not just ask in a Telcel center?

Being the contrary person I am, I don't use Telcel (I use Movistar). Things like national coverage, digital/analogue, bells & whistles, etc don't bother me in the least, and I'm not going to fall prey to fashion/marketing. Quite honestly, I managed the first thirty years or so of my life without being connected to the world all the time. My phone is probably as old as yours, MotherF, but you know what? It makes and receives calls!!!! Hooray! What more do I need?

<<End of Rant>>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI8pIUmRn_E&feature=related
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Mexico (off-topic) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: