Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No More Visas on Arrival
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
revilo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scot47 wrote:
I suspect the natrionalities involved are predictable ! Who in their right mind would go to Bahrain now anyway ?!

I would. Dubai hotels give you such a problem when you bring in extra guests.
sauditeech

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:04 pm    Post subject: no Reply with quote

I stayed at the Seashell hotel in Bahrain when I was on a visa run from the UAE. I had a very nice time there. Very Happy Not too far from the Gulf hotel.
sheikh radlinrol

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: no Reply with quote

sauditeech wrote:
I stayed at the Seashell hotel in Bahrain when I was on a visa run from the UAE. I had a very nice time there. Very Happy Not too far from the Gulf hotel.

Do you mean the Gulf or Gulf Gate hotel? The Gulf Gate is a favourite of mine. Sleazy. I loved it!
revilo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:58 am    Post subject: Gulf Gate? Reply with quote

I hear that Indian hotels in Dubai look the other way when you bring in extra (blonde Russian Ukrainian) guests. The Oberoi has my recommendation! Smile
EFL Educator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are also a lot of blonde Russian/ Ukranian guests teaching English at GOLD Diggers in Manama...I have heard they have replaced the Chinese as they have better English Language accents...and are GREAT PHONICS teachers too!!! Shocked Shocked
Captain Willard

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what happens to refugees from KSA, e.g. the people the helicopters and patrol boats are looking for in the water?

Can they just get a tourist visa when they swim up to the beach, or do they get sent back?

Evil or Very Mad
nomad soul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Willard wrote:
So what happens to refugees from KSA, e.g. the people the helicopters and patrol boats are looking for in the water?

Can they just get a tourist visa when they swim up to the beach, or do they get sent back?

Your scenario makes no sense. "Refugees from KSA" would mean that they're Saudi nationals seeking refuge from their home country. Plus, Saudis can enter Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries using their KSA ID card -- no need to swim to the shores of Bahrain. Confused

Regardless, this thread is dated. For 2017, foreigners with a valid residence permit from one of the other GCC countries can obtain a two-week eVisa for Bahrain. (See http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/bahrain/bahrain-eases-visa-procedures-for-gcc-residents-1.1848453.)
teacherman73

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, if you pull a runner from KSA, swim the channel and crawl up Budaiya Beach with your passport, do you get in???

Don't know about refugees, but I sure wish they would catch the escaped convicts and be done with the checkpoints.
sicklyman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

teacherman73 wrote:
catch the escaped convicts and be done with the checkpoints.

or at least realise that catching escaped convicts with an IQ higher than 32 isn't achieved by checkpoints... especially when the poor darlings seek shelter in their police cars when it rains. Laughing
Captain Willard

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, please re-read my post. The helicopters and patrol boats are not looking for Saudi citizens, and there are people trapped in KSA without valid residency permits who may very much want out. Do the Bahraini's deny entry if a name is on a Saudi list as a criminal for pulling a runner in KSA and deport them back across the bridge?

nomad soul wrote:
Captain Willard wrote:

Your scenario makes no sense. "Refugees from KSA" would mean that they're Saudi nationals seeking refuge from their home country. Plus, Saudis can enter Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries using their KSA ID card -- no need to swim to the shores of Bahrain. Confused

Regardless, this thread is dated. For 2017, foreigners with a valid residence permit from one of the other GCC countries can obtain a two-week eVisa for Bahrain. (See http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/bahrain/bahrain-eases-visa-procedures-for-gcc-residents-1.1848453.)
sicklyman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Willard wrote:
Do the Bahraini's deny entry...

Maybe not.

But surely they'll deny someone entry if they use an apostrophe to indicate plurality on EFL forum. Twisted Evil
scot47

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alas, Apostrophe Abuse is almost as widespread in Bahrain as in Basingstoke ! I have petitioned the King to make it a capital offense.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Bahrain All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: