Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

European Classrooms vs. Asian Classrooms
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Europe Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adaruby

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sashadroogie wrote:
Trinity Dip is not quite the same as Delta. And IH Minsk is not a great payer. Even if the job were to be offered outside of the chain...

Yeah, I understand this, but I'm just quickly using the example to highlight the point that for well qualified teachers - I've worked with MA, DELTA, Trinity Dip and PGCE holders - there will always be better jobs available; after all, good pedagogy is good pedagogy no matter where you are in the world.

Similarly, there will always be crap schools with low standards and teachers only in name, but that's why we have an interview process: to separate the wheat from the chaff.
Sashadroogie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's fair enough. But I am not convinced that the DoS job in IH Minsk counts as a 'better job'...
jef dam

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback [read: conflicting information Very Happy ].

I'll do a bit of research for myself when the time comes for me to make the leap. I'll certainly be dismissing Minsk off hand, though. I'm used to much sunnier climes...

RE: Trinity Dip - It's not exactly the same a the DELTA, but it is also a level 7 on the UK framework, so even though they cover some different ground you have the same level of qualification at the end of each.

Cheers

JD
Sashadroogie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's right. They are usually considered to be equivalant. But some places have a preference for one over the other. Though usually for the Delta over the Trinity Dip. Sounds a little misguided to me...

Best of luck to you!
jaffa

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiral78 wrote:
Oh, Sash. Whole lots of those Vietnamese guys are now second-generation Czechs. They speak native Czech Shocked

I know a Czech born girl with Mongolian parents. She's such a cute character plus ultra-talkative and can make the pub crack up with laughter all night long.

Was once in a bar with an African-Czech whose parents brought him over at a young age. Some old pissed Czech duffer came up, stared at unashamedly at this guy then asked, "Is that one of those black fellas?"
spiral78

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some black Czechs, though it might still be that a few older folks from villages/small towns haven't seen one in person. Most notably, one of the regular news anchor on one of the major television networks is a black guy. He speaks perfect Czech Wink Surprise, surprise:-)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Europe Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: