Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone in Huanchaco?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cgage

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Anyone in Huanchaco? Reply with quote

For me, it sounds like retirement paradise. Could be wrong. Have been before! $175 USD or so for a room per month near the beach. Cheap cafe food. Maybe teaching jobs in Trujillo with my masters and US ESl license ..
Not heard of illnesses much in that area like in Cusco where foreigners seem to be often ill..
I've already been rich in th US for a while. (no longer). Lived in Paris. Lived in New York City. Lived in Venice.
Dont crave American stuff Dont need television or Mcdonalds. Maybe diet Coca Cola since I'm diabetic.
I just want to retire in f...ing peace.
You're comments?
naturegirl321

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trujillo IS nice. We were looking at going there. Beach is close, it's not too city-ish, not too country-ish. Trujillo has had recent issues with their "mafias" but if you dont' have a business, you should be fine.

Have you asked on Expat Peru? I think there are more retired people there than on Dave's.
cgage

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if the Peruvian mafia would interest themselves in language teachers or starving artists.
ExPat peru seems mostly centered around Lima.
I would like to contact anyone who has first hand/recent info about the costs of rooms in Huanchaco. Not sure if my sources are current.
I've heard $175 a month for a room. $250 fo a small apartment.
Very small towns are easy to navigate and have less criminal activity.
Sounds like paradise. Fresh seafood, ocean sunsets, sea breezes, maritime climate.
US life has declined in quality and become outrageously expensive.. I put that mildly in case I might offend or violate Daves policy.
cgage

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably good ther are no replies. Let it remain a best kept secret. After all, Cinque Terre Italy was ruined by publicity of travelographer, Rick Steves.
When you go to Cinque Terre, you cant walk without stepping on American tourists. Its like DisneyWorld.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Peru All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: