Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3.773,70,00 Turkish Liras / month

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sirens of Cyprus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: 3.773,70,00 Turkish Liras / month Reply with quote

I have been offered this amount, but insurance and other legal deductions will be taken out. There seems to be a typo. What is that supposed to be in dollars, and how much are they going to deduct?

I'm guessing what they meant was 3,773 Lira and change, which would be about $2000.
billy orr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3,773 looks like a net salary for a university instructor, if that is gross before tax and sgk stoppages, then it would end up about 2000TL, so more like a language school salary.

It is very unusual for employers in Turkey to quote a gross salary. Are you sure they didn't mean some other kinds of stoppage, not tax and sgk?
Sirens of Cyprus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a state university. Exact quote:

a. The monthly gross contract salary to be paid to the Foreign Staff Member will be 3.773,70,00 Turkish Liras. The contract salary will be paid at the end of the month. The insurance premiums that are deducted according to the Social Security and General Health Insurance Law No. 5510 as well as other legal deductions will be subtracted from this amount.
billy orr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, I should have thought of that one. I used to work for a state university, my gross was 5500 and net was 2900. I don't know for sure, but your amount may end up between 2000 and 2200 net.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Turkey All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: