Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Visa Requirements at Universities
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nomad soul

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

abayababy wrote:
This has disappeared from most job announcements that I've seen recently. Where I work, many do not have related degrees.

No so where I teach. The majority of instructors---direct hires and those with contracting companies---hold relevant degrees (according to a recent list indicating everyone's academic credentials). It just shows a hiring preference for relevant-degree holders.
JamaicaBob

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Visa Requirements at Saudi Universities Reply with quote

scarlie wrote:
This is a new requirement as of July 2012. If a person already has their iqama, no problem. But it is a problem for those who are applying for Employment visas. I've also heard that people have been refused because their undergraduate degree doesn't match their Masters. For example, if you have a degree in Economics and then get a Masters in TESOL, they may not accept it. (But I'm not positive on this.)

Hello Scarlie,

Can you tell me how you found out this is a "requirement as of July 2012?"

Is it still a requirement?

Does this requirement apply to both Canadian visas and U.S. visas? (some people said this requirement was for a time for Canadians.)

Thanks for your help.

JamaicaBob
scot47

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only one who can tell you if that is a requirement does not post on this forum. I will ask His Majesty during my next private audience.
abayababy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my visa in October of 2012. I did not, at the time, have an English-related degree.
timmiez

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recently spoke to a fellow American who got his visa 3 weeks ago and he holds an unrelated degree.

Still no confirmation from a Canadian teacher. Not too many of them out in Saudi I presume...
Grendal

Location: Lurking in the depths of the Faisaliah Tower underground parking.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I'm Canadian and have an Eng. Lit. degree. But I got my iqamah before the upheaval. If I had to change jobs now that would mean going back to Canukland and going through the whole visa process again. Even though I would pass the new regulations at the Saudi embassy in in Ottawa I do not see the process too inviting. That is why I am hunkering down here at my post and waiting till one of my buckets are full.

Grendal
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: