Site Search:

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Students and Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need a job

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ex500

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Need a job Reply with quote

Last edited by ex500 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
spiral78

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why Saudi? There are certainly easier places to get into quickly.
scot47

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try

www.kfupm.edu.sa
www.dcc.edu.sa
www.hbcc.edu.sa

Apply online and see what happens. It is probably too late to get there for Semester 2 of this academic year - which starts in February 2013 (end of January ?)
ex500

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmm

Last edited by ex500 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
nomad soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ex500 wrote:
Hi, I'm sort of desperate for a job in Saudi. I have BA (non-English) + CELTA, teaching experience in the US at the secondary school level (NOT ESL or English) and a 3 months teaching at Preparatory Year Program in Saudi. I left with the intention of returning with a work visa, but couldn't come back immediately and burned a bridge with that employer (EdEx).

I am looking for any teaching job in Saudi, but preferably ESL. I want to start ASAP. I have both US and UK citizenship. I don't really care about how bad the employer is or how difficult the teaching job is as I have dealt with worse in the States.

Perhaps someone has some contacts? Or any advice. I have applied to dozens of jobs online, but I don't have much experience and a non-English degree so I haven't heard much back with the exception of a couple hits.

Hmm... Burning a bridge with EdEx was probably a blessing...

Your problem is that you lack experience; an unrelated BA + 3 months of TEFL experience may not even be enough to get you a second glance from the sketchiest of contractors. Without a year or two more of experience and a related BA (or better yet, an MA), your chances are limited. Plus, like Spiral, I also wonder why you're desperate for a job in the Kingdom. Seriously, if you've taught secondary school in the US and have a current teaching license, why not try the UAE for a similar position. You stand a better chance of getting hired at that level (teaching content) through a decent recruiter like Teachaway than spinning your wheels trying to get some entry-level spot with a crappy Saudi recruiter. (You should care about how bad the employer is---consider your sanity and dignity.)
ex500

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aaa

Last edited by ex500 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
PeterBar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're really, really desperate try JEC-PT in Jazan/Jizan down near the border with Yemen, 700 km South of Jeddah
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Saudi Arabia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: