Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pet Adoption in Korea
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
karenb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Pet Adoption in Korea Reply with quote

Hi all,

Are you looking to add a furry friend to your life? Can you give an unlucky animal a second chance at a happy life? If you would like to adopt a cat or kitten, dog or puppy, or another type of small furry creature, please visit: AnimalRescueKorea.org. There is a list of adoptable companions who are being fostered or who live at various animal shelters / vet clinics around the country.

To find an adoptive home for any abandoned/stray animal that you have rescued, please read how to create an adoption ad in the Pet Adoption Listings. The more places their faces can be seen, the more chance they have to find a new and permanent family to live with!

Thank you for considering adoption and for helping Korea's animals!

Karen

Check out the adoptable animals!

Last edited by karenb on Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:44 pm; edited 40 times in total
superdave

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think this is a great idea ... kudos to you karen for leading the battle.

don't buy animals in korea. there's always unloved animals out there looking for new homes.

do the right thing!! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
karenb

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:36 am    Post subject: animal shelter north of seoul Reply with quote

superdave wrote:

don't buy animals in korea. there's always unloved animals out there looking for new homes. do the right thing!! Very Happy

You're right!

At one website it looks like about 20 new animals are posted every day:

http://karama.or.kr/community_7.asp

Shih-tzus, spaniels, schnauzers, poodles, mixes... not to mention all the cats and a few rabbits!

I believe that shelter is located north of Seoul, in Yangju.
Stu001

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:08 am    Post subject: Abandoned Cats Reply with quote

I live in Busan, near my apartment is Syeomyeon, there are several cats. Two of them are very young, one is only a kitten. They seem to be trained just abandoned. I try to feed them everyday, but I can't do it forever, what can I do? Is there anyone in Busan who wants one? Please let me know.
kalak

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how easy is it to bring the animals home with you when you are finished in korea??
sistersarah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

depends where you're from. canada has no quarantine. had no problems at all bringing my dog home last time.
karenb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Pet Travel Reply with quote

kalak wrote:
how easy is it to bring the animals home with you when you are finished in korea??

I found a good site about pet travel that allows you to look up the pet immigration rules for various countries:

http://www.pettravel.com/passportnew.cfm

And this website gives links to 117 different airlines (all of which seem to have slightly different rules for when health papers should be issued, etc):

http://www.sherpapet.net/airlines/index.php?air_type#

I also flew with my dog into Canada and back to Korea (twice, actually) and had no problems whatsoever (a little confusion about the price of her ticket, though). She even "held it" all the way from Incheon to Toronto! I wrote about the step-by-step travel preparations here: http://www.animalrescuekorea.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3553

Does anyone have experience with travel into the US, Europe or other places? I don't know if it's as easy as to Canada.

Last edited by karenb on Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
karenb

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: animal shelter north of seoul Reply with quote

KARAMA is located 45 minutes from Ganeung Station. For anyone interested in adopting from KARAMA, you should know that without a Korean speaker with you it will be pretty much impossible. You must be prepared to fill out an application (you might be able to do this on their website, in Korean) and answer their screening questions and possibly make a second trip to choose a pet. (I highly, highly recommend having a Korean friend call ahead of your first visit).

All that being said, they have hundreds of animals who need homes and they are the reason it's worth the trouble.

Last edited by karenb on Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:48 pm; edited 3 times in total
aveguard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely Pup Ready for a New Home.

<Pic Links of doggy Below>

She is soo lovely and extremely smart...is very trainable and understands Korean commands. Her coat is sooo soft Smile
I can't keep her in my apartment unfortunately I was not aware of this and
my co-workers said I could...I have had her for about a month and really need to get rid of her....If someone can please help me find a loving home for her please email me at [email protected] or pm me on here.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h179/Zstyles/Aji/mynewpuppy2.jpg
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h179/Zstyles/Aji/mynewpuppy3.jpg
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h179/Zstyles/Aji/mynewpuppy4.jpg

Thanks Much ~~
karenb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aveguard wrote:
Lovely Pup Ready for a New Home

Hi aveguard,

I noticed in the listings that Nieve has been adopted. Congrats! Has she moved to her new home yet? Is she happy?

Hope all is well,

Karen
aveguard

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for your concern...yes a great guy adopted her...I do miss her but I had no other choice Sad Love that site thanks to everyone!
madowlspeaks

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have exact directions to the shelter in Seoul at Yangju??
karenb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Directions to Yangju shelter Reply with quote

Two of my friends visited KARAMA in the winter. You should call ahead to find out their hours. I think they close early on weekends.

Last edited by karenb on Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
teacherlisa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:59 am    Post subject: seeking Suwon pet Reply with quote

Are there shelters or rescue groups in Suwon for pet adoption? I just arrived a few days ago from the US, and am looking for a pet for my new home.
karenb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi teacherlisa,

What kind of pet are you looking for?

I don't know of any in Suwon, but there is a cat rescue group in Seoul-Itaewon that is both looking for volunteers and has 30+ cats for adoption:

http://cafe.daum.net/kittenshelter (link updated July 2008)

If you're looking for a dog, the listings above have dogs and puppies being fostered in different cities. I'd recommend contacting the person who listed them and after finding out more about the animal, see if transportation can be arranged. Korea is not so big Smile

Karen

Last edited by karenb on Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: