Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What to do with my Garbage?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Happy Bear

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 9:15 pm    Post subject: What to do with my Garbage? Reply with quote

I can't quite figure out what to do with my garbage? Some of it is left in the hallway for someone to go through and for what I don't know, but eventually someone picks it up. As for the rest, it never makes it and I have to go find a larger bag and sneak mine in with thiers.

Does anybody know what the rules are for the garbage here?
mokpochica

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 9:27 pm    Post subject: garbage Reply with quote

One thing is that you are supposed to buy special garbage bags (at Ministop, e-mart, the corner moon-goo) to put your garbage outside on the curb in. You can apparently leave recyclables (paper, plastics) in some other container and not waste one of those (pricey!) aforementioned bags. The special garbage bags tend to be clear or orange colored. They have four tabs to tie them up with and come in different sizes.

If you ask for suregi bong-tu they will give you the proper bags at the store.
Bulsajo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Some of it is left in the hallway for someone to go through and for what I don't know, but eventually someone picks it up.

This is recycling and someone is very kindly doing it for you because they realize you don't have a clue; And I'm sure you've noticed that all your neighbours put their garbage in a special kind of bag and not just any old plastic bag? You need to go to the local store and buy garbage bags. They'll be a little more expensive than what you'd expect to pay for plastic bags because they have your neighborhood's garbage disposal tax built into the price. Ask for Suh-Ray-Key-Tong ��������.

Since you have to pay a little more for these bags, your neighbors will seem unusually pissed off if they catch you stuffing your garbage into their bags. That is usually done by cheapskates and other assorted dumb-asses/penny pinchers- the kind of people that burn their garbage in a can instead of paying for bags. Styrofoam? Plastic? Hey, no songbirds in my family, so why the hell not? Not that I'm suggesting YOU are one of these kinds of people, Happy Bear!

Another reason why you should start doing this as soon as possible is that some buildings/neighborhoods will fine tenants for improper recycling/garbage disposal; You might end up with some wierd deduction from your salary that your boss is unable to properly explain in English, leading you to suspect that you're being ripped off...
Mountains out of molehills, my friend!
Happy Bear

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 11:19 pm    Post subject: Thanks a bunch for the help Reply with quote

I just want to be a happy bear and do the right thing. Thanks for the information.
PootyTang

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bulsajo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I just want to be a happy bear and do the right thing.

Hey HB, I realize I was on a bit of a rant (what else is new?) and did not mean to imply any criticism of what you did through lack of understanding or your asking for info. It was a good question.
The Great Wall of Whiner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 11:45 pm    Post subject: actually Reply with quote

I actually told a guy off for burning styrofoam behind my house a few months ago.

My window was open and I could smell this horrible burning....

I went out and there is this 40ish man squatting in front of a little tin can burning all sorts of crap.
PC Bahng or Bust

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just burn it outside your house. Or throw it on the street for the stray cats to play with.
The Donkey

Location: Somewhere drinking, smoking and using foul language

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PC Bahng or Bust wrote:
Just burn it outside your house. Or throw it on the street for the stray cats to play with.

Do you live in my neighborhood? Confused
princess

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's right. Make sure your name is not on any papers and throw it over the balcony when no one is looking. I am NOT freezing my beep off standing outside worrying about paper here,plastic there,blah,blah,blah. AND... to top it off,a security guy downstairs following you around the dumpsters making sure you are doing it right.
Zandie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 8:39 am    Post subject: aaaaaaaarghhh Reply with quote

There is a reason for recycling.

It's purpose is not to be annoying and waste your time.

There is a point when people should realise that they are making a big mess of the planet and should start doing their small bit to help clean it up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: