Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pension Refund and checking your balance
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sine qua non

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and two weeks later the funds have just arrived in my home bank account, while still have a few days until I fly back home.
Rejam

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone can help me with this problem, I'd really appreciate it. I've tried asking my other foreigner friends about this but nobody knows the answer.

Basically, I'm a Canadian who has been teaching at my Hagwon for 10 months now. The contract I signed didn't include a pension but I have email correspondences with the Hagwon when we were negotiating my contract that a pension will be included. However, I only found out 2 months ago that my Hagwon director hasn't yet paid into my pension and it was only when I persisted that the first pension payment was deducted from my salary last month. So my question is this: can pension payments be retroactive. This is quite a significant amount of money to not be getting. And after reading some of the threads, I'm under the impression that pension payments for foreign teachers are obligatory and not optional. Here's another twist, my Hagwon 'recommended' that I opt for private health insurance instead of the Korean National Health Insurance because the payments are cheaper. My director has explained to me that because I didn't pay into the National Health Insurance that I can't receive the pension since these two institutions are tied. Is this true? I've only been enrolled in the National Health Insurance since last month.

I hope someone can help me with this. My teaching contract ends in 2 months.
icnelly

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you go about checking on your pension account? Do you have to actually visit your local pension office, the main office in Seoul, or can you call the 1355 number? I tried to call just to see, and they hung up on me. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
sojourner1

Location: Where meggi swim and 2 wheeled tractors go sput put chug alugg pug pug

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a web page we can enter our ID #'s to check our pension fund balances?
TiGrBaLm

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Is it possible to apply for the pension refund after you've left Korea?
How does one go about doing so?

Thanks
MANDRL

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My fiancee and I want to apply for our pension refunds as soon as we get our outbound tickets in December of this year, our contract is up Jan. 2. Our question is: if you apply for the refund before your last payday, will your refund exclude your last paycheck's contribution? Thanks!
krissy123

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I know this has been asked on here, but I didn't see the answer: Is there a number to call or something to find out your pension balance? I left Korea about a week ago, so I've been to the office, but I forgot to ask what the total is...
Also, how long does it typically take to receive? Does it differ by nationality? (I'm Cdn.)
Len8

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the minimum number of employees that a company must have to have the national pension

Last edited by Len8 on Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
andrew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by andrew on Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
write of weigh

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worked at a hagwon for a year which did not pay into the pension fund but did take the money out of my paycheck every month.

The school I am at currently does pay into the fund and after every year I recieve some kind of slip of notification that payments have been made.

My guess is, if no slip...u got jipped! But if u find to the contrary, I'd like to know.
elliemk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be 59 in November. Does anyone know what happens after you reach 60? I'm asking because I plan to be here at least 2 years and probably 5 years.

Do I keep paying into the pension plan after I reach 60, or is everything mute after that age?

Apprecitate your help.
Len8

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliemak you are entitled to get back your pension after you turn 60. I am not sure if you have to leave the country to get it.
elliemk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, thanks. I guess my question is will I still pay into after 60? What if I'm in country (Korea) when I turn 60? Do I get it then or do I get it when I leave?

Also, do U.S. citizens have to pay taxes on this money, or does it fall into the same realm as our normal paychecks. Thanks.
Hellsmk2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you go about finding out if payments are being made? I'm fresh off the boat here, but want to check that the payments are being made. I still need to get my ARC at the moment.

Also, how do we know how much should be being paid in? Thank you :)
ttompatz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellsmk2 wrote:
How do you go about finding out if payments are being made? I'm fresh off the boat here, but want to check that the payments are being made. I still need to get my ARC at the moment.

Also, how do we know how much should be being paid in? Thank you Smile

They can't open your pension account until you have your ARC. Your ID number is tied to your account number for the pension plan.

You should be paying 4.5% of your salary and it should be matched by your employer.

You can check starting about 90 days AFTER you get your ARC by dropping into your local pension office (locations are on the website) with your ARC in hand.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 4 of 28

Jump to: