Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

doorway chin-up bar. where can I buy one?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ColininKorea

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:09 am    Post subject: doorway chin-up bar. where can I buy one? Reply with quote

I've been trying to order a doorway chin-up bar online, but having trouble finding a site where I can use my credit card (with a Canada billing address), and have it sent to my address here in Korea. Long story, but anyway:

Anyone know of a store in Seoul (like a big gym equipment store, or a street full of gym equipment stores, or even a LotteMart/Homeplus/Homever) that sells a doorway chin-up bar? I've tried all the places in my city and no one here carries them. Thanks.
normalcyispasse

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lotte Mart here in Yeosu has them in the fitness section. I own one.
samd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If only I had a doorway...
bassexpander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go Rocky, Go!

Damn, I'm too tall for one of those (and probably too fat).
ColininKorea

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks normalcyispasse. Will check out the Lottemart nearest me. I'm in the sticks here, and have nothing but tiny stores to shop at. Samd, use your bathroom doorway, that's what I'm gonna use. Bassexpander, bend your knees and you should manage, I'm 6 feet and that's what I do, but the weight limit on these things I think is 200lbs. I'm a skinny boy so have never had to worry about yanking them down.
thatwhitegirl

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're in the rural bits, and my husband just bought one in the new Homeplus. About 17,000?
normalcyispasse

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColininKorea wrote:
Thanks normalcyispasse. Will check out the Lottemart nearest me. I'm in the sticks here, and have nothing but tiny stores to shop at. Samd, use your bathroom doorway, that's what I'm gonna use. Bassexpander, bend your knees and you should manage, I'm 6 feet and that's what I do, but the weight limit on these things I think is 200lbs. I'm a skinny boy so have never had to worry about yanking them down.

I'm in Yeosu -- I know what you mean. Not exactly Shincheon, is it?

When I use my bar (which is infrequent, since I go to the gym daily and use the equipment there) I just bend my knees. I'm about 6', but I weigh slightly over 220#; the bar does kind of bend a bit (so I should probably use a narrower doorway).
ColininKorea

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got one at the Lottemart in the next town over from me. It's an Aspo, cost 13,000won, not a bad price. I just installed it in my doorway, and it looks like a pretty good quality bar. Thanks again for the help finding one. I left mine at home and miss cranking a few pull-ups out when I feel like it.
SeoulMan99

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping this old thread because I will be looking for a door frame pull-up bar. Do they have the perfect pull-up? Or ones that do not have to be screwed into the frame? I don't want to be on the hook for any damages. They can definitely hold more than 200lbs. I weigh 225 and I knock pull-ups out on them just fine. I have one now, but I don't really want the extram weight in my bags for something like a pull-up bar.

Thanks.

something like this: http://img.alibaba.com/photo/215336833/door_gym_chin_up_bar_pull_up_bar.jpg
redaxe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeoulMan99 wrote:
Bumping this old thread because I will be looking for a door frame pull-up bar. Do they have the perfect pull-up? Or ones that do not have to be screwed into the frame? I don't want to be on the hook for any damages. They can definitely hold more than 200lbs. I weigh 225 and I knock pull-ups out on them just fine. I have one now, but I don't really want the extram weight in my bags for something like a pull-up bar.

Thanks.

something like this: http://img.alibaba.com/photo/215336833/door_gym_chin_up_bar_pull_up_bar.jpg

I would also like to know this. I was going to bring one of those from my home country but it didn't fit in my luggage. Anyone know if and where they can be found in Korea?
thomas pars

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got one will sell it to you for 40,000 won.
shinjin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can find them online. If you search Gmarket you'll find no-name brands for half the price. The Korean word for pull-up bar is 철봉.
robot

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have one. Bought it at Emart.
Bloopity Bloop

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeoulMan99 wrote:

Thanks.

I bought one at E-Mart for 20k won that when twisted, extends out on both sides. It doesn't require the use of nails--just puts pressure on the door frame. I'm 175 and use it quite often... so far, no damage to my door frame.
Hightop

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off on a bit of a tangent but anyway. How many chin ups or pull ups can a normal fit guy do? In my gym few people do them. A couple of korean guys do sets of 5-7 with the help of a trainer lifting their torso and one strong guy does sets of 10 with no help. What is normal? Or what is good, something to work towards?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> General Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: