Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yo Quiero Taco Bell
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ilovebdt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just off of Itaewon there is a little taco place run by a Korean guy who lived in South America for a number of years. Delicious.
truthfulchat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Taco bell is in South Korea Reply with quote

It actually is located in the Pizza Hut building in Seoul, assuming it is the largest Pizza Hut in Korea.
write of weigh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Busan, Seomyeon to be exact, friend of mine took me to a taco joint, because I to was craving "The Bell." We sat, ordered and ate. Food was surprisingly good. Got up to use the washroom and passed by the kitchen and there were two Mexican guys working in there, one was the head chef. Did a double take, and I was alittle shocked, but in a good way. That explained why the food was so authentic. I then practiced my limited Spanish with the fellows. I will be visiting that restaurant quite often i do believe.
kat2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's an even better one in Haeundae called Tacos Al Puebla (used to be called Taco Chili Chili). Anyone who lives in Busan that hasn't been to Won Tae's is seriously missing out!
http://www.koreabridge.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=800&hl=taco
write of weigh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Havent had the pleasure. But i did partake several times in the new Quiznos that opened in Hauendae just a few weeks ago. Finally the sandwich meat here in Busan is becoming edible.
sojourner1

Location: Where meggi swim and 2 wheeled tractors go sput put chug alugg pug pug

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

write of weigh wrote:
In Busan, Seomyeon to be exact, friend of mine took me to a taco joint, because I to was craving "The Bell." We sat, ordered and ate. Food was surprisingly good. Got up to use the washroom and passed by the kitchen and there were two Mexican guys working in there, one was the head chef. Did a double take, and I was alittle shocked, but in a good way. That explained why the food was so authentic. I then practiced my limited Spanish with the fellows. I will be visiting that restaurant quite often i do believe.

Can you tell us where to go from the subway station? Thanks in advance.
write of weigh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sojourner1 wrote:
write of weigh wrote:

Can you tell us where to go from the subway station? Thanks in advance.

Ill try...
Ill start from Judies Taewha Department store, its well known and easy to find.
From Judies Taewha, walk toward McDonalds which u can see just down the street. (walk on the same side of the street as MD) Go about 2 blocks to a side street that has a convenience store on the corner and a small parking lot across the street. It's on the 2nd floor right next to the convenience store.
The location isnt that great, but there is a big green sign on the front of the building
Taco Loco 802-4700
caw0059

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:57 am    Post subject: Casa Maya in Hongdae Reply with quote

There is also a Casa Maya in Hongdae. Its near a big open area where students are selling their wares. The night I went there was some kind of performance there and a live band. Very crowded area, but the Mexican food was some of the best I've had in Korea. The Margarita I had there was good too. Quite pricey, but worth it if you're craving Mexican.
hogwonguy1979

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a Dos Tacos in Hongdae, right next to the Subway rest by the main gate

even better is there will be an On the Border opening the 18th at Sinchon station (main drag towards the E-dae station) that will be a great addition to the area
tomato

Location: I get so little foreign language experience, I must be in Koreatown, Los Angeles.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gajackson1 wrote:
BTW ~ What IS it with no Taco Bells here?!?!? It's a Pepsi division, and I expected them to open up a few in time for World Cup.

Someone in the food service industry told me that Taco Bell made a trial run in Korea and failed.
At the time, I was about ready to pass around a petition for them to move in here.
contrarian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you believe that Cheogju hasa burrito place. It is in the Ch.unbuk University area. His tuff is good but his menu is limited.
Carla

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taco Bell just announced plans to develop its market in several countries, besides the american bases. I love Taco Bell, and I knew it was right there on the other side of that wall. Bummer.
sojourner1

Location: Where meggi swim and 2 wheeled tractors go sput put chug alugg pug pug

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carla wrote:
Taco Bell just announced plans to develop its market in several countries, besides the american bases. I love Taco Bell, and I knew it was right there on the other side of that wall. Bummer.

You're saying North Korea is getting Taco Bell? I heard South Korea had it back in the 1990's, but it left during the IMF.
Carla

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several countries does not equal north korea.
sojourner1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carla wrote:
Several countries does not equal north korea.

The part about it being on the other side of the wall made me think you were referring to the DPRK. Of course, they don't have it nor would I go up there to eat it if they did.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: