Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

more computer stuff

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hojucandy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:28 pm    Post subject: more computer stuff Reply with quote

man - how do yu handle this korean windows?!

this pc i have is all in korean - i keep pushing th wrong thing. anyway to change the default language or do i have to get a new OS?

if its the latter - where can i get an english version of XP round seoul?

i'm going back to my mac til i got this working right....
Bulsajo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Grief, Hoju- SCROLL DOWN
hojucandy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did - but it only answered half of my question. can yu change the default language? i presume not....

lame operating system windows. in mac-os i can change the language as i please. i like to run it in urdu!
Dalton

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe you can change the default language on windows. You'll need to get an English version. If it's a copy I have left links and instructions on how to 'register it' so you can go to windows update and dl sp1, etc. in a few threads.
I'd stick to the apple if I were you. You can get Apple stuff in Korea according to some poster(s). Let me know if you want to get rid of it.
kimcheeking

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windows XP pro can change the default language. I have two users set up on my computer - mine is in English and my Wife's in in Korean.

control panel
date time language & regional options
regiional and language options
Languages tab
choose English

and that should work

������
��¥, �ð�, ��� �� ������ �ɼ�
���� �� ��� �ɼ�
��� tab
����
Log off and re-login and it should be changed
hojucandy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kimcheeking wrote:
Windows XP pro can change the default language. I have two users set up on my computer - mine is in English and my Wife's in in Korean.

i tried and tried this. could not get it to work. even spoke to a friendly computer shop man who said he had never succeeded in changing the default language in koean xp either.

finally i managed to obtain a copy of xp english. reformat and install - all is well now.

still trying to get my router to work though.....
OiGirl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HC, just ditch the Windows machine. This is G-d's way of telling you you are meant to use the Mac.

(Back online after replacing the "yo-yo" power brick on my iBook for the SECOND time!!)
hojucandy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

late last night, after the 100th time trying to get a router to work - i came to that same conclusion.

i have strayed from the path of mac. i have learnt my lesson. i shall return to the company of the holy apple.
FlagWaver

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is going on with the router. Is it a linksys? Tell me what the problem is and I'll do my best to help you mate.
Gord

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hojucandy wrote:
late last night, after the 100th time trying to get a router to work - i came to that same conclusion.

i have strayed from the path of mac. i have learnt my lesson. i shall return to the company of the holy apple.

What does using a router have to do with what computer you use? It doesn't care if you're using a Windows PC, Mac, Linux PC, Sun Workstation, SGI Indy, Amiga, Commodore 64, or my watch.
mack the knife

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commodore 64!! Heheehehhe.....OLD SCHOOL!! Or how about INTELLIVISION? And TRS-80. Brings back the memories...

Did anyone else have an ATARI 5200? Bought it 'bout 2 seconds before the NINTENDO system debuted and boy was my face scarlet...
hojucandy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

of course a router has nothing whatsoever to do with one's choice of platform. the fact that i want a router however indicates that i have supplimented my wonderful macintosh titanium powerbook with a second computer, a faceless windoze box. hence when i say i am sorry i left the path of apple i mean i'm sorry i ever got another computer in the first place. think i'll just stick with the mac.

i would be having this problem if i had two mac, or two pc's. the problem relates somehow to my dsl line. the modem simply does not accept a router. i have had a professional look at it and he is stumped. he is coming round for one more try one evening soon. if that doesn't work i'll give up on this idea and sell the pc.
Gord

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Routers are pretty much idiot proof. Plug it in, configure your account name and password, and connect to the Internet. Boom. Done.

What exactly does and does not work? Do either machine work? Can you access the configuration menu on the unit from either PC?
hojucandy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can access the config menu ok from the windows machine. entering account name and password fails to result in a connection.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: