Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Advice on Thailand Vacation???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
viva

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:51 pm    Post subject: Advice on Thailand Vacation??? Reply with quote

Hi,

My husband and I are taking a vacation in Thailand for 9 days in December. We want to sit on a beach in the South but are curious as to where we can find a quiet beach. It's peak tourist season so we realize that it's impossible to avoid the crowds, but we are hoping to avoid the crowded areas such as Phuket, Ko Phi Phi, etc.

Another problem for us is that we are arriving on the morning of the full moon party. We are not up for a party, but some easy access to "party favors" is one of the necessities on our list of criteria.

Any advice from those of you who have travelled in the area??
bucheon bum

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go to the quiet northern side of Ko Pha Ngan or chill out on Ko Samui for a couple days before heading over to Ko Pha Ngan when the party is over.
helly

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not avoiding the crowded areas and fly to Phuket on Dec. 17. Hopefully Karon beach will be a bit quieter that Patong, though.

Wooooooooooooooo Hooooo!!!! This trip marks my last Tropical Relaxation Tour and then out of Korea and back to the states!! Can't wait to do nothing but laze around in shorts!
posco's trumpet

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by posco's trumpet on Sat Dec 06, 2003 5:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
lawyertood

Location: Seoul, Incheon and the World--working undercover for the MOJ

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ko Samet can be a little less crowded and it is not far from the Rayong/Pattaya area.......not much to do there other than sit on the beach and relax. You might find a few fellow travellers with some mj......
------------------------------
I'll be in Phuket Dec. 14-20 in case someone needs a drinking partner who speaks English and can say more than "Where you from?" or "How long you stay?"

Last edited by lawyertood on Wed Nov 26, 2003 4:35 pm; edited 4 times in total
Austin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 4:35 pm    Post subject: A couple places... Reply with quote

Viva,

If you would like to relax on a beautiful beach away from the crowd, try Koh Lanta (the second beach on the West side from the port), Ko Pha Ngan (the beach named "Ah Thong Na Pan" the South beach of Laem Pak Chong is a beautiful remote area, use the local "bakery" for the treats you seek, Honey or Central Cottage have nice bungalows), Koh Samet (Ao Phroa beach is beautiful, quite, and very relaxing).

Every traveler has their own speed and style, so if you have any detailed questions, I would be happy to answer them for you.

For what it is worth, this winter will be my fourth venture to Thailand, but I have only spent eleven weeks there thus far (I am still a novice).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: