Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Streaming Audio

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kangnamdragon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:39 am    Post subject: Streaming Audio Reply with quote

Why does the streaming audio from the internet radio stations stop after each song on my computer at home. I have to click on the volume control after each song to hear it. It does not do that on my computer at work. What setting do I need to change? (I am using English Windows XP and Korean Windows XP at home, so I'll have to change the setting in Korean. However my Windows Media is in English.)
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jaebea

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you should check all the usual suspects.

Are the WMP versions consistent all the way round?

IE, your work uses WMP9 and you use WMP8 at home or vice versa. Usually, it's worth rolling back software if you're unhappy with settings and "features" in the newer versions.

I guess you should try to make your home computer as similar as possible to your work computer and slowly customise it, so you can isolate the problem and work around it. This includes regional settings and so forth. Obviously there's a limit as to how far you can go, but it'd be a good place to start.

If its a WMA stream, then you're pretty much stuck. But you might consider different Winamp versions if you're listening to an MP3 stream.

Just a few suggestions...

jae.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Technology Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: