Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Counselors in Seoul. (Includes info on perscription meds.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harpeau

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mindy Han - M.A. in counseling
Individual/couples/family
(Korean/English)

[email protected]
011-9750-4951
(02)6447-2233

Chungdam-Dong
Chungdam Station Line # 7, Exit # 9. 10 min. walk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
APal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Insurance Reply with quote

Do any of these mental health helps accept Korean insurance? How much does seeing a counselor run? I think I need to see one but am leary about the price. I called two off the list and neither accepted insurance and ran around 130 Won an hour. Is that the best I could hope for?
Harpeau

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's possible that Korean doctors and psychiatrists might accept insurance.
PM sent.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Rob'sdad

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seoul National Univ. Hospital at the Daehakro 대학로 Dr. Hahm Bong Jin 함봉진 선생님 speaks English well and is in order. He's a good guy and competnent.

If your not familar with SNU Hospital, you walk in the main entrance and there is a sign that says, "International Patients" I'm not sure after that because I speak Korean so I just go to the regular line.
Yaya

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know what the rates are? I heard Dr. Jinseng Park now charges 70,000 won per 30 minutes (it used to be 50,000 won per hour back in 2000).
Harpeau

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yaya wrote:
Anyone know what the rates are? I heard Dr. Jinseng Park now charges 70,000 won per 30 minutes (it used to be 50,000 won per hour back in 2000).

Wow! That seems to be rather expensive for 30 min. Does anyone know if Korean Medical Insurance will cover a part of it?
Okibum

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our school psychologist gave us some info on counselors. Here is the email she sent out:

Quote:
FYI

I spoke at out last staff meeting about a new counseling service (in English) that has started outside of Gate 1. The clinicians are all trained and certified/licensed in the US or Canada. They do accept insurance and it is NOT post affiliated at all. The website is below. Feel free to check them out. I know they offer a flexible schedule for counseling and they do individual, family, marriage, play and sand therapy for kids too.

I just wanted to let you know about a new service available for counseling services in English.

Here is the website: http://www.ahskorea.com/

Head Office: 02-749-7915

Fax: 02-711-7915

Mailing Address:

Bldg 102 Suite 1404 Worldmark Tower

Hangang Ro 1 Ga, 64 Bunji

Yongsan Gu, Seoul

South Korea

140-100

These counselors do NOT prescribe medication.
Harpeau

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typically, only psychiatrists (with MDs of course) are allowed to administer medication.
Clarabella

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Psych Meds outside of Seoul Reply with quote

This is a nice list for inside Seoul. Is anyone aware of a list for prescribing psychiatrists outside of Seoul (speaking English, hopefully?!)
Harpeau

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you try hospitals that have psychiatry, you should hopefully be able to find a doctor who knows enough English. Or they'll be able to point you in the right direction. Best of luck to you.
Clarabella

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:58 am    Post subject: prescription costs Reply with quote

Are psych med prescriptions (or any prescriptions) covered by Korean insurance? Partially covered? Anyone have any idea how much prescriptions run if not covered by insurance?
Harpeau

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've been noticing, most psychological meds are not covered by Korean medical insurance. Though many other meds seem to be covered. Always ask, as things are continually changing in this country.
clustered

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I found the details of another English-speaking psychiatrist in the Seoul area.

I called the 24-hour Medical Referral Service by calling 010-4769-8212 (or 010-8750-8212 is the other number). This is what they had.
02 2001 1100 - Dr Im (there is more than one psychiatrist here).
Kangbuk Samsung Medical Centre
So I went there and you need to go to Seodaemun station (line 5) - take exit 4 - walk 5 mins - you'll see the red cross hospital on your left, then you keep walking. You'll see KBSMC Emergency sign and just walk up there, go through the driveway to the main desks. Find someone who speaks English (bit of a hassle, get there early) and pay for it upfront. Then you need to go to the 3rd floor and find the psychiatric area (again, need to find English-speaker). Then you're with Dr Im. Nice guy, pretty good English (though he will tell you he's a little insecure about it, he's actually pretty good).
It's only 21 950 won for a consultation!

They give a prescription and you go to the chemist, rather than dishing them out at the psychistrist's.

However MAKE SURE you take a certification of diagnosis with you from your old doctor. I went in there with old medication but it wasn't good enough. I took in three different types of meds and he wouldn't give me the prescription for any of them.

Also you can call 1330 to find Korean psychiatrists.

The other psychiatrist they had listed was at the Itaewon International Clinic but you already have those details. Very Happy
Harpeau

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clustered~ That price, is that with insurance? That's a great deal! Thanks for posting it! www.harpo.ca
clustered

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harpeau wrote:
Clustered~ That price, is that with insurance? That's a great deal! Thanks for posting it! www.harpo.ca

Yes, that's with insurance - though at the moment I'm paying without insurance which has been around 50k. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: