Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

footprints recruiting...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bucheonguy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: footprints recruiting... Reply with quote

As most of you can probably guess I'm looking for another job. So I applied to footprints recruiting.

They phoned me up at 7:30 on a Saturday for an interview which really pissed me off. The questions they asked though were so bizzare.

"Have you ever encountered a culture that's different from your own?"
It was hard not to be a little surprised because it's on my resume that I've been living here for a year now. After my initial "What," I gave them did you read my resume answer. It'ss all there.

"Do you have any experience leading a project?" Once again on my resume. So I told them.

So the rude woman went on. I could tell by her tone of voice that she was pissed off about something.

"Do you have an experience with a second language? Taken classes for example..." Of course I have experience! I've lived in Korea for almost a year and grew up in Canada so I had to take French.

So finally, after an hour of these stupid questions she says we're finished. Biggest waste of my time ever considering it's all on my resume! The biggest piss off though, was when I got an email this morning telling me I've been rejected! What the hell is that? Has anyone else ever been rejected?

Anyway, biggest pain in the ass interview, rude interviewer and rejected at the end... Wow is all I can say... wow... For those of you going with footprints, have fun and good luck.
mountainous

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree w/you, my Footprints interview was BORING....

Not sure what they're trying to prove by interviewing at 7:15 AM on Sunday morning..I got rejected and I didn't complain or appeal Cool there's no love lost.
Bucheonguy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of glad to hear you had the same experience... I didn't even think it was possible to get rejected from a Korean recruiter! It was kind of funny but a little upsetting since they tend to take anyone.

Anyway, glad to hear we were in the same boat with them. The girl who interiewed me was a BITCH!
Big Mac

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Footprints is pretty out of touch with how things work here.

They're really slow to respond. And the responses you do get seem to be computer generated and out of context with your personal situation. I gave up on them before the phone interview. I don't know any other recruiter that makes you jump through so many useless hoops.
joshuahirtle27

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was rejected by footprints too. They even said "you can try one of these other recruiters" and gave me a list of competitors. I guess I wasn't all that great if they wanted their competition to have the money for recruiting me. OH well. By the time they'd called me I had a job lined up in Korea through Longbridge Pacific. LBP was much nicer in the interview. They didn't ask any stupid questions and wanted to know what I had to offer rather than could I speak any other language (that Koreans can't speak) besides English.
daz1979

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha!

3 years later and they're still crap! I have to say Footprints were by far the worst recruiters that I used. They didn't reject me, but they just didn't listen to a word I said and set up interviews without even asking me if I was interested in the job.

I would only use:

Action Korea http://actionrecruitment.cyoz.com/

Esl Planet or Korvia if I ever had to use a recruiter again.
cruisemonkey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucheonguy,

You're in good company. I was rejected by Footprints too. Laughing Laughing Laughing Idiots!
sonicmatt

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was rejected too, same questions. apparently traveling overseas and learning a langauge isnt good enough for them. ive always wondered what people said that didnt get rejected by them.
daz1979

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread will be deleted shortly.... Complaints will be in process in 5,4,3.... Laughing
DeLaRed

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah they suck..... they said they would have a much harder time placing someone with a non US/Canadian accent.....yeah right....with the many jobs out there and not enough teachers being available to fill them? didn`t receive any mail/calls back from them after they heard I have a British accent Rolling Eyes
Ice Tea

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Footprints isn't very well organized. They send out silly emails and they take forever to respond. Local recruiters are so much more responsive. Maybe they aren't getting enough jobs so they are rejecting people. Or maybe they're popularity means they get more applicants than they need, so they just arbitrarily reject people.
OculisOrbis

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OP, sounds like, last year, I had the same interviewer as you. Same ridiculous time for the phone call, same questions, same attitude. Only difference was that I hung up on her before they rejected me. Idiots.
nicam

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird. I used them and they barely asked me a thing before accepting me. The interview was a total joke, and took about 5 minutes total. Think I even missed my first scheduled interview because my phone was being gay, so I had to reschedule.
Adobe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also got the whole you don't have an American accent it will be hard to place you. To bad when they called 'd already accepted a job through a different agency.

They seem very behind the times...

Adobe
Adobe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also got the whole you don't have an American accent it will be hard to place you. To bad when they called 'd already accepted a job through a different agency.

They seem very behind the times...

Adobe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: