Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Second-Hand Stores in Korea
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dimnd

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Bundang 2nd hand stores w/furniture Reply with quote

Looking for small shelves, night stand-small table for clock, alarm, etc.
Any stores in Bundang..near Yatap area or close?
kerbythepurplecow

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking for resale stores in the Osan area. Looking to buy a toaster oven and a coffee table without breaking the bank. A website with English that offers delivery would be okay as well.

Also looking for a store that carries used guitars.
jt24jess

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Bedding Reply with quote

By chance, does anyone know of any good bedding stores? I'm looking for a comforter for my bed, and then a blanket and sofa cover for the couch. I just want a bed not covered in ugly korean rose patterns. Any help?
thanks.
quanglam

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you take a look in Gmarket: http://www.gmarket.co.kr/challenge/neo_category/html_middle_category/middle_category_200000639.asp
njp6

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just found a Recycle City in Tapeyong (two stops down from Yatap in Bundang). Exit #4, about 150 meters on the left. They have some good prices on used appliances; however, their prices on things like sofas and bed frames are insulting. Still, if your curious, have a look around.

Does anyone know, is haggling expected in these places?
rickig

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does one set up delivery from these places ? I want to buy a couch and a desk but don't have a way to get it home.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
DIsbell

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two places of note in Suwon, Yeongtong-gu Yeongtong-dong area:

1. Beautiful Store. Second hand/surplus thrift shop. It's located near the Yeongtong strip, on a main road between the large Post Office at one end of the block and Dominoes on the other end. A kindergarten is across the street from it, along with an apartment complex.

Lots of clothes, some housewares, and various odds and ends. As a bonus, a lot of the staff speaks English quite well, in my experience. Open till 7 everyday except Sunday.

2. A used furniture/appliance store, "Alddeul Maejang" 알뜰매장. Located just down the road from Kyunghee University main gate, and across the street from the Kyunghee Bookstore.

Decent range of appliances and furniture. Prices seemed decent enough. They will deliver locally.
GrasshopperGrrl

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Dumpster Diving, etc Reply with quote

rickig wrote:
How does one set up delivery from these places ? I want to buy a couch and a desk but don't have a way to get it home.

The best way to go about delivery is to get help from an English-speaking Korean co-worker or friend. They'll set it up for you. Or dial the Seoul line for foreigner help. It's 1330 from your mobile phone, I believe.

Also--spring and summer time is a GREAT time to go dumpster diving in Korea. Winter is approaching but you never know...

Find a grouping of villas or officetels and wander around the outer areas...the people who live there will set out old , unwanted, totally decent furniture NEXT TO the bins...so you're not really having to dive in for anything. heh heh. Good luck~!
vassalage

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Don't do it! Reply with quote

I love used shops back home but here the prices are outrageous. We went to the dept stores to check prices on new stuff and then went to a couple of used shops and it just makes more sense to buy new. Example: stand up mirror at Homeplus 20,000 won at the used store 40,000 won. Sofa 110,000 won looks like they pulled it from the garbage dump...same sofa new on www.gmarket.co.kr for a slightly higher price...or buy the sofa bed for the same price.

Better yet walk down the streets and look for stuff left out. That is what the used shops do......
teachingld2004

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:25 am    Post subject: used furniture Reply with quote

I have alway gotten furniture off the street when I lived in gangneung.
Now I am looking for a used furniture store in Cheonan if anyone knows of one. No car, and this area really has nothing on the street that I have seen. I have been looking for a sofa, and Gmarket is ok, but the sofas all aer 50,000 for delivery. Still for a total price of 170,000 won they are not bad, but I can not sit on them so I can not tell if they are comfortable. Anyone know of any in Cheonan? No one around here has heard of any.\
thanks
alljokingaside

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all,

Anyone know of any thrift stores/second hand stores in Busan?
Thanks!
Harpeau

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a good thrift store just inside the Kyungleedan neighborhood. They deliver.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
sameerhere

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: Cheap household items for sale in jeongja-dong, bundang-gu, Reply with quote

We are leaving korea in 1st week of August 2010.
All items can be sold immediately. Items are less then 8 months old.

please find actual photos and prices of items at

http://sameerchavan.wordpress.com/

contact no.- 010 4362 7277

sameer
aschmies

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:54 am    Post subject: Jeju Reply with quote

Any place you know of in Jeju?
elltotheoh

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fiver wrote:
I found a couple of used furniture places in Yongin, where the old Wal-Mart used to be. Nice, clean stuff with decent prices and delivery. You don't get delivery dumpster diving.

fiver, I know this is an old post, but do you remember the names and rough locations of those stores? I am going to be trying to spruce up a studio apt in Yongin in a couple of weeks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: