Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Konglish Tatoos next?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxxx_power wrote:

A lesson - ALWAYS DESIGN YOUR OWN TATTOO OR AT LEAST COME UP WITH AN ORIGINAL IDEA FOR THE ARTIST TO DRAW!!!

In total agreement.

I laugh at this because the last time I got some ink (October) back in the states, I was talking to this cat who claimed he got the "kanji" of his girlfriend who had died. Silly me, I thought she was Chinese and I asked what her name was. He said "Amy." I said, "What was her Chinese name? Was she Japanese?" He said, "Uh, no. American."

The "Kanji" was totally bogus, with one being the character for "middle" ("jong"). I asked the proprietor if they guy was joshing me and he said "nope. I did it myself. He brought in the design and paid me and I did it."

My advice is NOT to get crap put on your body unless you - yourself - have learned what it means.

I have CHINESE characters on my body, but I can read 'em and write 'em and had known them long before I had the desire to have them PERMANENTLY inked on my body.

There are a LOT of bogus "kanji" floating on people's skin in the U. Arse Eh.

Now that I think about it - let the bozos pay for their stupidity.

Joe

Last edited by Joe Thanks on Fri Jan 30, 2004 4:48 am; edited 1 time in total
hojucandy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that mindless soccer player, beckham, the one who married one of the spice girls... he had her name tattooed on his arm in sanskrit... "Victoria"

i saw a photo of it in a woman's magazine last time i was in australia. he was proudly displaying the tatt to the photographer.

i can read sanskrit... it said "vhictoria" - a truly weird spelling error. and no, there are no aspirate "v's" in sanskrit, it was a hithertoo unknown conjunct consonant melding the first element of "v" with that of "hi".

i wonder has anyone told him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> FAQ All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: