Site Search:

Speak Korean Now!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!
Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index Korean Job Discussion Forums
"The Internet's Meeting Place for ESL/EFL Teachers from Around the World!"

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

English-Korean Vocab sheets needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fren Lee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 10:10 pm    Post subject: English-Korean Vocab sheets needed Reply with quote

Hello, I am teaching a conversation class and it would be extremely helpful to have pages of vocabulary words grouped according to specific topics, with Korean translations. For example, a list of words having to do with travel and airports, etc. Does anyone have such things or know where to get them?

Thanks
mokpochica

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 11:16 pm    Post subject: Hmmm... Reply with quote

I don't know of any such sites, but when I want to use Korean translations of thing I usually just look them up in my dictionary. You can try this online dictionary--it works well for me:
http://www.sigmainstitute.com/koreanonline/dictionary.shtml

Another good resource might be the Oxford picture dictionary. It's entirely in ENglish, but there are pictures that are grouped by subject. It's a good resource for getting your students to just use English.
Rand Al Thor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 2:44 am    Post subject: Re: Hmmm... Reply with quote

mokpochica wrote:
Another good resource might be the Oxford picture dictionary. It's entirely in ENglish, but there are pictures that are grouped by subject. It's a good resource for getting your students to just use English.

You can also buy the one with each word listed beside it's korean equivalent. There are multiple versions in various languages available.
Fren Lee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 6:35 am    Post subject: Too much work Reply with quote

I don't have time to create lists of vocab words WITH Korean translations for every class (three times a week.) What I need is groups of words having to do with any specific topic, with the translations already there. I know such things exist, the question is, where? Do you suppose there might be something like this in any of the ESL bookstores? (I looked in the esl bookstore near my school, to no avail.)
bucheon bum

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you might try looking at korean language books (that is, teaching you Korean). I know one of my Korean language books has vocab lists in both english and korean. Sorry, my book is not near me; I only remember part of the title being Hangok-Ah but that describes tons of Korean language books.
jo777

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 5:50 pm    Post subject: english/korean Reply with quote

You can buy the English/Korean picture dictionary by Oxford
BTM

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not enough time?

I'd think it'd take about two minutes to type or paste a list of words into http://babelfish.altavista.com in English, have it translate to Korean, copy&paste into Word or something, and print, provided you have access to a net-connected computer.

Babelfish sucks with sentences, but is pretty good with individual words.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korean Job Discussion Forums Forum Index -> Job-related Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: